+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Dancing?

I know you're not asking me, but my response would be that I love music. I love to listen to it, go to see it live, play it myself. However, I get NO impulse to move my body in time with it, and I don't understand why it would matter to anybody else whether I do or not. You like dancing, go dance.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What he said. Sometimes music triggers a surge of adrenaline and I want to fight or **** or drive a car fast, but never have I wanted to move to it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    What he said. Sometimes music triggers a surge of adrenaline and I want to fight or **** or drive a car fast, but never have I wanted to move to it.
    bull*shit. I don't believe you for a second. not "never".
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    I think it's about accepting that your partner isn't going to enjoy everything you do, and if doing it is only going to make them uncomfortable, why would you want them to?
    I absolutely wouldn't want to make him do something he detests so much which is precisely why it's a deal breaker. Because I enjoy it so much and the fact he detests something I'd love so much to do WITH him. I would never push dancing on a guy. If he doesn't he doesn't but he's not going to be my guy who doesn't.

It's like if you're a pilot and your gf HATES flying and will never, ever jump on a plane with you. For a pilot this could be a deal breaker. He (or she) would love to take the partner up in the air- it is a passion. A girl who doesn't fly wouldn't fit into his lifestyle.

Yes, dancing can be a lifestyle.

The music you nondancers enjoy must not be very danceable.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    It's like if you're a pilot and your gf HATES flying and will never, ever jump on a plane with you. For a pilot this could be a deal breaker. He (or she) would love to take the partner up in the air- it is a passion. A girl who doesn't fly wouldn't fit into his lifestyle.
    I guess we just choose partners or go into relationships differently. I can deal with a partner being very different to me so long as they have certain values and personality traits which are important to me. Their likes and dislikes don't play much of a role for me.

In your example, if I were the pilot I'd just carry on doing what I enjoyed doing, before I met her. I did it without her before, I'll do it without her now, except when I get home, there's a girl I adore waiting for me.

I can see how people are turned on by different types of music in different situations. I can't stand certain Britney Spears songs on a daily basis, but you can bet your ass that I'll dance to her tunes on a Friday night!

So people enjoy more rock, or metal too. Maybe shakin' it on the dance floor isn't your thing. Maybe you prefer to mosh and get bloodied up a bit. Maybe you want to head bang those luscious locks. Maybe you want to be a hipster and stand there nodding your head with your arms folded.

We're all so different. My guy doesn't dig dancing at all. He's headed to Mexico for 10 weeks and I told him you better prepare to learn to salsa, 'cause they will make you! He started whining about how he at least wishes I could be the one to salsa with him. Ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    The music you nondancers enjoy must not be very danceable.
    Possibly, I guess the likes of Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie aren't particularly known for encouraging dance enthusiasts

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    david bowie has a lot of danceable songs!

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    We're all so different. My guy doesn't dig dancing at all. He's headed to Mexico for 10 weeks and I told him you better prepare to learn to salsa, 'cause they will make you! He started whining about how he at least wishes I could be the one to salsa with him. Ah well
    Spanish dancing is so sexy. And I love the music. I wish I could salsa. But I can't move like that at all without the training.

I guess I've just spotted the irony of 'Lets Dance'..........

Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    Possibly, I guess the likes of Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelin and David Bowie aren't particularly known for encouraging dance enthusiasts
    If you listen to a song and make any kind of movement in reaction to it, that's dancing.

If you listen to a song and make any kind of movement in reaction to it, that's dancing.
    Well, in that case I do dance while I'm stood at the bar, or sat at the table holding a glass. Somehow I dont think the 'no-dancing-no-date' types on here would be too willing to accept that though, heh heh.

Spanish dancing is so sexy. And I love the music. I wish I could salsa. But I can't move like that at all without the training.
    I have great rhythm and timing and I needed EXTENSIVE training when I was learning. I was originally taught by the brother of the family I lived with in Mexico during college.

My boyfriend is a sports guy. While he's 6'2" and athletically built, he doesn't naturally possess the kind of finesse it takes to move your body to salsa. He has an elegant walk, but it's more of a casual, gangly "I'm a guy" walk. If that makes sense. Crazy San Diegans and their flip-flops!

Oh, and this is my favorite!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9n6P0cx1Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9n6P0cx1Y[/ame]
    Last edited by lahnnabell; 10-01-10 at 05:51 AM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast