+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    Not really, my point is that if something as shallow and unimportant in life as dancing is enough to stop a woman from being attracted to me, she's not the sort of woman worth worrying about.

I'm an artist, I love art, I love to paint and to visit galleries. It's an absolute passion, especially creating art WITH someone. My current girlfriend really isn't interested in art in the slightest, and that doesn't matter for a moment to me.

I have my passions and interests, she has hers. I like to think that the lack of a similar interest in a specific area wouldn't be enough to turn me off somebody I'd otherwise love.
    Glith, you might wanna take a look at some of the ladies' responses around here. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I find it so amazingly dull It bores me to absolute tears. Granted, if she really wants to I'll get up there and flail around or sway or whatever. I'll even try not to yawn while I do it.

Maybe if I could figure out how you people get into it I'd view dancing in a different light. I cram myself onto the dance floor, wedged in like a sardine and surrounded by smelly, gross people while noise blares, and then I'm expected to wiggle around. And somehow that's supposed to be fun.
    The thing with dancing is, you gotta find a style that works for you. I tried swing dancing for awhile and really didn't get it; it's a 3-beat dance set to 4-beat music, and that kept throwing me off. But salsa works pretty well for me. The basic steps are a snap, and there's probably no limit to how much you can add to your repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Spanish dancing is so sexy. And I love the music. I wish I could salsa. But I can't move like that at all without the training.
    Neither could I. That's why I'm taking some classes...which reminds me, my next one is in just a few hours!

Dancing is a workout, it's exciting. Even if it is slow dancing. Not saying you have to bust a move and get jiggy with it. But like Vashti mentioned...

Turn on some beautiful music, hold that woman in your arms, pull her close to you and caress her while you move slow to the music. Swaying and kissing. It's romantic. It's sexy. It's the mood. <3

I love to see a guy dancing I think its cute!

I am happy to dance by myself but I woiuld rather dance with my man. Dirty dancing even better. Its nice when a guy is not shy about dancing, even if he dances badly LOL

And not being a dancer or being into dancing isn't a deal breaker with me... but if you don't mind me dancing with other guys and girls... you can sit on the sidelines all you want or don't come at all. If you try to stop me from dancing then that would break the deal for me.

I think we should reference a few 'moves' for the non dancers on the forum:

1- "Rolling the dice" - As your grooving in your place with your friends, move your right hand as you are rolling a pair of dice. For visual reference, refer to Seth Rogan in "Knocked up".

2- "The Grocery shopper" - Pretend like you are pushing an invisible grocery cart and every 2-3 steps, pause, look up and pretend to grab an item on the shelf above you. Place into your cart, and repeat.

3- "Airing out the laundry" - You just took a load out of the washing machine and you don't own a dryer, that means its going on the line! Step 1: lift clothing item in the air, one arm at a time. Step 2: once in the air, pretend to clip the item to the line, one time each arm. Step 3: Shimme your arms from left to right as if your pushing the items out. Repeat. Should be done in rythem with the music, relatively upbeat.

4- "the lawn mower" - Ever struggle while trying to get that damn machine to start? It happens to most of us, which is what makes it so easy to perform! Just keep pulling on that string trying to get 'er started. The more exaggerated your arm motion, the better.

5- "the sprinkler" - Last but not least, this classic is the imitation of your favourite watering tool. Start by placing your right hand on the back of your head, forming an 90 degree angle w your elbow. Place your left arm straight out, and begin to move your left arm (the extended one!) from right to left while slightly moving your elbow back and forth in a rhythmic motion. Once you get to the far left, quickly twist your body so your extended left arm comes back to its original starting position!

These moves can be most likely observed on you tube.

Enjoy men!

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    tango, now there's a dance thats incredibly sexually charged, if i could do that with a man, i literally would swoon, it would also give me the opportunity to live out my fantasy of giving the guy a good sexually charged slap...mmm nice
    right now my tango partner is in Australia for 2 years (well, I guess he's only got one year left) i'm dying right now...I haven't done tango (with someone who actually knows how) in a long time...it really is the greatest dance out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Latin dances, Tango or Samba, are the most fun, and sexually intriguing, IMO. I love to take a pretty woman out on the dance floor and Samba, all the while telling her what I'm going to do to her later. SOOOOOO HOT!!
    While tango is without doubt the greatest dance alive, the samba is in a very close 2nd with rumba making 3rd place!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    For the record when I say it IS a deal breaker I do not mean the inability to dance, I mean the refusal to dance is a deal breaker. If he comes to join me on the dance floor and can't dance worth a shit it still dancing. The guy who refuses to join me to sit at a table all night long is the deal breaker.
    My ex-fiance couldn't dance to save his life...but he still went out on the dance floor and did something (he claimed it was dancing...i thought he was having seizures) I told him that I was totally okay with the fact that he couldn't dance and wouldn't take lessons. I also told him that I am a dancer and dancing is in my blood. I live to dance and nothing will make me quit. He understood and was fine with me having dance partners so long as he got to go and watch us dance (which I was totally fine with)
    I also told him that if he didn't learn the tango, I'd be doing it with my Tango partner at my wedding because I WAS going to do the tango at my wedding.
    For some reason, that threat got him into a tango class...I never thought cowboys could do the tango...but hot damn! they sure as hell can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Dancing is a workout, it's exciting. Even if it is slow dancing. Not saying you have to bust a move and get jiggy with it. But like Vashti mentioned...

Turn on some beautiful music, hold that woman in your arms, pull her close to you and caress her while you move slow to the music. Swaying and kissing. It's romantic. It's sexy. It's the mood. <3
    one of my friends said that he hated slow dancing with me because he didn't know all the fancy steps. What guys don't understand (and what they need to) is that yeah, while most girls do love all the fancy dancing, going around in a slow circle isn't a turn off for us. sometimes it's nice to take a break and be able to breathe.
    If I had to choose between loving you and breathing, I'd use my last breath the tell you that I love you

Just 'cause I'm a hick don't mean I'm stupid...and i'm more than happy to prove that to ya'll anyday!
    Hey ya'll and Yee Haw are part of my vocab...'cause I'm a country girl

Don't cry for a guy, let a guy cry for you 'cause girls give & forgive but buys get & forget." --Brooke Davis

dancer4life's post makes me want to take dancing lessons.

@ all alone's post -

dude no. just no lol.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 11-01-10 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    dancer4life's post makes me want to take dancing lessons.

@ all alone's post -

dude no. just no lol.
    lol i thought it would be more apparent but that was doused with a STRONG dose of sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    And not being a dancer or being into dancing isn't a deal breaker with me... but if you don't mind me dancing with other guys and girls... you can sit on the sidelines all you want or don't come at all. If you try to stop me from dancing then that would break the deal for me.
    I think that's perfectly fair. Don't get me wrong, the thought of my girlfriend dancing with other guys doesn't exactly fill me with joy, BUT...if I'm not going to dance with her, why should she dance alone?
    As I've been saying, if I don't want to dance why should I have to? At the same time, if my girlfriend wants to dance, why should I try to stop her?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Glith View Post
    I think that's perfectly fair. Don't get me wrong, the thought of my girlfriend dancing with other guys doesn't exactly fill me with joy, BUT...if I'm not going to dance with her, why should she dance alone?
    As I've been saying, if I don't want to dance why should I have to? At the same time, if my girlfriend wants to dance, why should I try to stop her?
    I think that's the problem, though... lots of non-dancing males get jealous watching their girls dance with other men. In fact, I think we had a thread about that at least once or twice... i was surprised by how many males consider it a problem.

I don't tend to be a jelous person, but i think seeing my girlfriend dancing with another guy would slightly twang the jealously threads in a healthy way.
    I can't really understand it being a problem for guys though, ESPECIALLY if they've got the opportunity to be the guy their girlfriend's dancing with but decide to pass.

Hehe, so what's easier to deal with? The uncomfortability of dancing for a few hours with your special lady and making her happy, or watching her dance on some other dude? I would think that if a dude were to feel uncomfortable he'd at least go the option where his girl is choosing to be all over him.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My bf had a problem with me salsa-ing with other men. He knew from the get go dancing is my first love, but he never said anything for or against my hobby- until he saw it.

He came with me one night to my salsa club, and there I dance with anyone who asks and I get asked a lot. He came, he saw, he didn't like. The spinning, the holding, the dipping, the hips... he was jealous that these men got to touch me and move me like that. He didn't like that he couldn't do the same.

We talked about it he got it all off his chest. I told him that there are a few exceptions to my dance with anyone rule. If I know he's just being pervy to look down my shirt I say no. I assure him that I'm dancing becasue I enjoy it not so that the "hot latin lover" over there gets to twirl me around.

I told him he's by far my favorite partner despite him now knowing a step in the right direction.

In conclusion: he doesn't love dancing, and really not salsa but he lets me enjoy and will participate from time to time. However, in the club he likes getting down with his hot gf (as he puts it). So I'm happy here!

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Hehe, so what's easier to deal with? The uncomfortability of dancing for a few hours with your special lady and making her happy, or watching her dance on some other dude? I would think that if a dude were to feel uncomfortable he'd at least go the option where his girl is choosing to be all over him.

Ah, the twang of jealousy I'd get is nothing worth worrying about, and wouldnt be enough to make me uncomfortable. It's healthy, keeps you on your toes. I'd much rather see her dancing with some other guy than have to do it myself. I think she'd rather dance with somebody who likes it, rather than put up with me watching the clock over her shoulder
    People dance because they enjoy it, so if you don't, why do it?

As for 'being able' to dance which a fair few people have mentioned, well thats another topic altogether. I don't believe some people CAN dance and others CAN'T. If you move your body to music, who's to tell you you're doing it 'wrong'. Surely it should be about enjoying what you're doing rather than performing to an audience.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I disagree with the setiment that some folks "can't" dance. If I were to define "can't" it would be that the person in question has NO sense of beat. Some people for the life of them just can't move to a beat simply because they don't know the beat. I've known plenty of those in my day.

Yes, it's all about enjoying it despite if you can or can't, but some people who enjoy it just can't.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast