+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Dancing?

How Important Is Dancing?

I've got a few friends who's boyfriends will sit at the bar while they hit the dance floor with their girlfriends. It doesn't seem to bother them. Is that a turn off if you're the type of girl that likes to go out dancing? And even if it's not a total turn off, would it be better if your guy did dance?

I'm a guy but as far as I know, girls love guys who can dance.
    Last edited by kai; 02-01-10 at 09:36 PM.

Dancing shows confidence and your shaggability skills....

A guy who can have fun dancing will certainly attract me.

well i can break dance soooo how can i use that in getting the girl im dating more attracted to me, i don't want to be showing off either.

ummm...I was thinking about dancing in terms of getting her involved too. I mean, you don't need to know how to dance, you just need to have fun doing it and make it look good.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've never understood dancing. I feel like a robot asking a human what love is. Dancing does not compute. I took lessons. I wanted to give it an unbiased shot. Still didn't make sense to me. Still didn't enjoy it. Thankfully the girls I've dated can live without it, or at the very least they can deal with me awkwardly shuffling beside them for a few minutes.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

It is not mandatory that my guy dance. I'll just go dancing with my lady friends.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A man that can dance has a HUGE advantage. My husband doesn't dance, and seriously, it HAS irritated me from time to time, but early on I learned to just dance with anyone who asks, male or female. He didn't like it at first (maybe he still doesn't), but I like it too much to give it up.

I am so thankful that my son is a great dancer.

So it seems the consensus is.. you're ok if you guy doesn't dance, but you kind of wish he did.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course!

For the record, you don't have to be the best on the floor - you only have to be good enough to not draw negative attention to yourself or cause injury to her. If you are intimdated by dancing, start off with the slow stuff, only I warn you - do NOT pop a boner while you are dancing and try rubbing it up against her.

Knowing how a dance isn't important but it is a plus, bonus... an advantage! As a dancer... I love a man who likes to feel the music and take it out on the dance floor. However... you don't have to be the best dancer in the world. I like having fun and acting goofy too.

Ditto Coco! Dancing can be really sensual.. a prelude to foreplay.. if your guy can feel the rhythmn too!

I have no formal training in dancing. I can't do anything fancy like breakdance or pop/lock. I consider myself better than most guys though but definitely not the best. I just have fun and move to the music.

I've mentioned before in another thread that all girls love to dance so being a guy that can dance well gives you a huuuge advantage because most guys can't dance (provided you're not a creep or anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    I've never understood dancing. I feel like a robot asking a human what love is. Dancing does not compute. I took lessons. I wanted to give it an unbiased shot. Still didn't make sense to me. Still didn't enjoy it. Thankfully the girls I've dated can live without it, or at the very least they can deal with me awkwardly shuffling beside them for a few minutes.
    I'm easily one of the more logical persons on this forum (as in I place an extremely high emphasis on logic, I'm not saying that my ideas are more logically correct than the ideas of others) and if I can see the logic behind dance so can you. Think of language as a metaphor for dancing. Now, instead of words you have movements as the form of expression. Instead of grammar you have rhythm. To me, a choreographed dance move is practically synonymous with planned speech - they're both premeditated forms of expression.

Just start moving to the music and stay on beat. People that dance off beat annoy me just as much as bad grammar. Keep doing a 2 step (step left and right in sync with the beat) until you get used to it if you have absolutely no rhythm. Or clap. Or nod your head. Or snap your fingers. Whatever works for you.

Dancing is fun and it's easier to dance to music you like. With practice you'll get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia123
    Ditto Coco! Dancing can be really sensual.. a prelude to foreplay.. if your guy can feel the rhythmn too!
    Move your hips and shoulders in a sensual way and you can create the effect that I think she's talking about.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 03-01-10 at 09:42 AM.

Sanctuary is right. Dancing is a great form of exercise and it's a great way to socialize. I love dancing with my friends. What I don't like is when some dude with a boner attempts to sneak up on me and grind his c*ck into my ass. No thanks, man.

Dancing with a boyfriend can be really fun too. I went to an 80s dance night with my ex a while back and we were dancing and making it out like it we were back in high school. I loved it!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast