View Poll Results: The Blog Feature at LF

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would use the blog feature.

3 50.00%
  • Yes, I would read blogs but blogging is not for me.

1 16.67%
  • No, I would not use the blog feature.

1 16.67%
  • No, I would not read blog or use the blog feature.

1 16.67%
  • I don't care either way.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Blog @ LF

The Blog @ LF

It's a new year so I thought I would bring up the blog again. I am so anxious to know if LA has decided on having a blog feature here at LF. I think it would be a good idea, How does everyone else feel about it and what options would you like to have with your blog.

I would like to set the Privacy Options like you can for Photo Albums, Visitor Messages, Contact Information, etc. No Character Limit would be nice. And I would like to keep the same Advanced Editor used to post in threads, to post the blogs.

Anyone else for the blog or against it?

I am all for the blog... i have the backend ready and should be out anytime soon around late january 2010 or early february (the month of valentine ..good time? ) lol
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

I have never really understood the point of blogging.

I am not bashing on it or supporting it, I just really don't understand what its for. Can someone enlighten me a little, I am curious as to what people see in it.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Well I'll just list some reasons why it would benefit the forum? If that's okay.

1. People can have a place, dedicated to their issues and daily life.

2. They can record their feelings in a unique way to their friends through photo, video and text on a daily basis without recreating threads. A blog also helps organize it as well. All posts you make about your issue will be in one place for people to sort through.

3. Privacy is an issue for some people. Sometimes people come to the forum and want advice but don't want it kept in the public view of threads or from certain people.

Personally I don't see the point, because sites like blogger.com and wordpress.com are already experts at providing a free blogging platform. Adding a blogging feature here would: A) Not look as nice or be as powerful as the mentioned services, and B) Add extra work and up keep to loveadmin's life.

I can understand wanting to keep it all tied together. If you're a regular here, then being able to blog here makes a certain amount of sense. It just seems to me the pros don't outweigh the cons.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I have never really understood the point of blogging.

I am not bashing on it or supporting it, I just really don't understand what its for. Can someone enlighten me a little, I am curious as to what people see in it.
    Attention whoring without being laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Personally I don't see the point, because sites like blogger.com and wordpress.com are already experts at providing a free blogging platform. Adding a blogging feature here would: A) Not look as nice or be as powerful as the mentioned services
    I don't think he's trying to start a professional blogging network. A journal feature added to a forum or community is common. Places like Wordpress and Blogger main focus is blogging, adding the feature here is just an accessory to an already growing community.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    Personally I don't see the point, because sites like blogger.com and wordpress.com are already experts at providing a free blogging platform. Adding a blogging feature here would: A) Not look as nice or be as powerful as the mentioned services, and B) Add extra work and up keep to loveadmin's life.

I can understand wanting to keep it all tied together. If you're a regular here, then being able to blog here makes a certain amount of sense. It just seems to me the pros don't outweigh the cons.
    I'm with this guy (for once), on this.

By the way, what part of Pennsylvania are you from?