+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about this relationship

Confused about this relationship

Let me say this first, my girfriend is Spanish and I am not. I have been seeing her for the last year.

I will start at the beginning. She was in a relationship for six years with a Cuban. It seems that there was some problems in the relationship and it did not work out. They dated for six year, she met him in a dance club. I started dating her the beginning of Jan of 09.

She has a son who is eleven very smart boy. Through out 09. I got the feeling that she was keeping me away from meeting her relatives and friends.
    I finally got to me her son in July of 09. This made me very suspicious. She did not let me come over to her house until July 4th. She would come over to mine but when I asked to come over to her's she will say I am afraid that my ex-boyfriend will just stop by. I thought that she was playing a game with me and still living with her boyfriend.

Anytime I ask her what caused the break up with her ex, she just clams up. I suspect that their was infidelity between the two of them. She did get a sexual transmitted disease but was treated for it. She said that the ex gave it to her, I suspect it was the other way around.

She tell me that she does not want to be told what to do. She is an independent woman and she can do what she pleases. I told her what about the relationship that we have together. She said that she love me. I find it very hard to trut her from her past experiences. I did not mention that she was married to a man for 4 years they got divorce and she had an affair with a married man and had his child. The father does not want to have anthing to do with his son.

She is now has a facebook account and she now communicate with some friend form her high school. I did take a look at it and under her profile it said interested in men. I asked her about that and she told me it was a mistake it was from an old profile. I asked her if she will change it she said no. I was very upset with her about that we did get into a heated discussion and she said that I don't trust her and she does not need that sort of man in her life and I should not get upset. I told her that it was very disrespectful to me.

I don't know how to approach her any more. I don't know if it worth it this relatioship any more. For all I know she is posting inapporiate photos of her self. I am 10 years older that her she is 32 and I am 41. She seems to be like a child sometimes, she thinks every one wants to be her friend. I just don't what to do anymore. I am tired and ready to give up.

your in a confusing situation i think that trust is a major issue and if you dont trust her its going to be a reoccurring problem in your relationship. from the information you have given she sounds like she is playing games with you, either its legitimate maybe she is scared about bringing a man to meet her family when shes had so many failed relationships but again could be an excuse. as for facebook the part about her being interested in men doesnt really matter its different if she had is here for serious relationship. comments on facebook and maybe pictures are the give aways of an wrong doings.. you need to think for yourself the things you enjoy about the relationship and the things you cant stand and figure out if the relationship is worth saving.. hope i helped =)

She doesnt SOUND suspecious, she IS suspecious! Why would she check the interested in me box on facebook? Because she's still on the proll bro. You need to let her go, she's all super secrative and shit. That no good in a relationship. She wont let you come to her house. She doesnt give you valid reasons for these odd situations, I'de run from that relationship if I were you man.

That check box on Facebook means nothing. It just means, "Hey, I'm straight/gay/bi". My boyfriend's profile says he's interested in "Women", but that doesn't mean he's cheating on me. There is another portion of that profile section titled "Looking for" though. If she has "Dating" or "Serious Relationship" listed, then you can be concerned.

And it is understandable that she didn't want you to meet her son for a long time. She doesn't want some guy to meet her son and get close to him until she's sure there's a commitment there. However, it does sound like she's not entirely committed to you. If she doesn't want to open up, then there's not much you can do, unless you want to wait around some more.

Thank's for your responce. There is a trust problem. I have been trying very hard to trust her. She make it very difficult to do so. I feel that she is taking out her fustration on me for her failed relationships. She seem to enjoy doing this for some reason. I don't know if her friends encourage her to do so or if she does it on her own. The things that she does may be innocent but it comes across like she is hiding things and it make her actions more suspicious. She does not want to open her mind to new things in life. She is latin and all of her friends are. I tried to get her to go explore new things like traveling , music,
    opera, even looking at the world through a new positive perspective so far . I hope the relationship will continue.