+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really confused and lost

Really confused and lost

Ok I am really confused big time here! I posted a few months ago on here about my terminal ill girlfriend and how her family pushed me away. It has been a rough road for me and my now ex girlfriend since then. Anyways a few weeks ago she calls me up to say shes ending it and that shes moving on. About three days ago she says shes getting married. This really shocked me. Yesterday she claims that she would not get married if I agreed to meet her somewhere at a set time.

We never meet, but she later says that even if I had of met her, she would still not break off her upcoming marriage. Flash forward to Sunday and its her wedding day supposedly, yet she calls me, texts me all day, even calls me before her so called reception to say that she was happy and to tell me about her end of life plans. Throughout all of this I am asking why, and wanting to know if shes telling the truth and I am still in shock over all of this. She later says that she would still like photos of me and my daughter and asked me to mail her some photos and that I could still send notes and things via post.

I of course have many questions about her story, since I really do not think someone who is getting married would spend that much time talking to me on their wedding day, but stranger things have happened. Also is she over me or just playing with my head or is she sparing me so I do not have to watch her die?

I am so confused. So, you guys broke up a few months ago? And she called you a few weeks ago to tell you she was "ending it"? Meaning her life?

And then she told you she was getting married? Did you even know she was seeing someone? Sounds like she was attempting to incite some sort of drama to get a rise out of you. Whether or not she got married, her texting you every step of the way seems like she wanted some sort of reaction from you.

I have no idea what is going on in her head. It's up to you whether or not you want to open up this can of worms.

We broke up about 2 months ago to be exact. I think she wanted me to react somehow also. I am just as confused as anyone else and as another friend told me, if she was getting married she would not care about her ex or have her mobile phone with her, she would just be focused on the special guy at the altar! When I asked my ex who she was marrying she told me that she did not want to tell me so that I would not contact her. I also asked her why would she still want me to send anything if shes married and how would her new husband react to all this and she said that its fine that he was ok with it, because he knows that she is at home with him at night. I really still have a hard time believing anyone would do this, but she is terminally ill and I know that people who are on their last days may do some questionable things, but this is just too much!

Yeah, she might be a little crazy. From what it sounds like anyway. You can keep feeding her by continuing to text or talk to her, but it's not going to bring you anything but confusion and pain. Or you can quit while your ahead, wish her well, and exit.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Yeah, she might be a little crazy. From what it sounds like anyway. You can keep feeding her by continuing to text or talk to her, but it's not going to bring you anything but confusion and pain. Or you can quit while your ahead, wish her well, and exit.
    I am considering your advice and may just wish her well with the time she has remaining and not send her anything. After all if she is married she chose this path. On another note, if photos will make her happy, since she is dying, I do not mind sending them, but this may be feeding her as you suggested.
    Last edited by striker08; 04-01-10 at 05:46 PM.

Even more confusion..

Well she calls today and I told her that I was saying goodbye and not sending her anything and I wished her well. She got upset and said well if I did not want to send anything, then dont, but it would be nice if she received one last gift from me. She then says that once the water is under the bridge, maybe she and I can meet. She also said she would call tonight. When I asked her what did her husband think about all this, she just said that he doesnt care as long as I am not bothering her. I repeated my earlier greeting and hung up. Not sure if I will answer tonight if she calls but this is just reallyconfusing still!