+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

Hello, I'm new to the forum. So here's my situation.

I'm 30 years old, and have been involved in only 2 very long-term relationships. My whole life, I've always focused more on my career than love. Love always happened by chance meetings. I was with my first bf for 3 years and we broke up when I was 23. The next person I met, was pure luck -- we met in graduate school, when I was 24. I was with this person for 6 years... He wanted to marry me and I loved him dearly...but as a friend only and was too chicken to tell him for fear of losing him. I consider him my best friend in the whole world. However, in the end, we broke up with each other... I think he saw that I didn't feel the same way about him and I felt it was right because I was only using him emotionally. We are both intellectually and emotionally compatible...but I was just never physically attracted to him -- didn't like kissing him or anything. I was conflicted for a long time and had even thought that maybe that was love....and what more did I want? Anyway, very quickly after we broke up (within 2-3 weeks), he met someone new while I was left alone without my best friend. I am still hurt that he moved on so fast but I accept that he's moved on and I'm trying too... but I miss talking to him so much. He has been my emotional support, my cheerleader for so long... I dont know how to move on without him. The biggest problem with us was that we were both too much alike: same professional career, same interests, same passion for work. We always talked about work, and our lives revolved around work.
    Last edited by Evangeline5405; 05-01-10 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Changed

You're about to make the same mistake you did with your 2nd bf. This man is married first of all. You need to find your emotional support elsewhere. Emotional support is not love, its emotional support. You have to be able to tell the different between the two. Of course you can and should receive emotional support from the one you love but in your case it seems you really just want emotional support. Maybe you should go out of your way to find it instead of leaving it to chance of whoever you run into as life goes on. Who knows, you might even find love while youre at it.