+ Follow This Topic

Thread: tonsils, allergies, or the weather

tonsils, allergies, or the weather

Beings I live in MN and it gets so bitter cold here the air is very dry in the winters and lately I have been waking up in the mornings with horrible sore throats. They usually subside by noon after I've been up and get some fluids in me and some Advil, but for the first few hours I can barely swallow and my throat just feels on fire.

I do have my tonsils still and they have given me trouble for years but I just can't afford to be out of work for weeks like the dr's tell me it would be for an adult getting their tonsils removed.

I don't notice the sore throats in warm weather so I'm wondering if it has to do with all the dryness lately? Its been at least -5 below for the last 2 weeks so the heat has been cranked up at our house at night. Everyone's skin here is dry and lots of chapped lips in this kind of weather too.

I'm trying to avoid an office visit to my doctor if its really nothing or can be treated over the counter.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cold itself doesn`t make people sick. Viruses and bacteries do.

As I said once. Probably i You`d change a doctor ,he would also have another opinion about removing the tonsils... Docs still don`t have one straight opinion about tonsils...Ones say that they are needless and just disturb and others say tonsils stop or making the bacteries slower (on a way to lungs etc) .

Watch out with taking antibiotics, some docs are too lazy to do tests before prescribing antibiotics and give it to people like candies ... Antibiotics used too often and in a wrong way may cause more harm than good. Belive me, I am a victim of lazy docs...

At best f You will drink really a lot of juices ,eat lots of fruits (vit C) . Also a garlic- oh yeah,garlic is a natural antibiotic, so eat a lot of it. Try to do that for few days. Sleep good ,wear warm clothes... Avoid taking meds if it`s not necessary... I had ONE doctor ,who was really saying things like that,he was avoiding prescribing the pills as long as he could...
    I wazzzz here

Just sounds like you're getting a little dehydrated throughout the night. Keep some water by the bed. If your tonsils were infected, the soreness wouldn't subside by noon. I had mine out as an adult, it's about 5-7 days of hell, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Just sounds like you're getting a little dehydrated throughout the night. Keep some water by the bed. If your tonsils were infected, the soreness wouldn't subside by noon. I had mine out as an adult, it's about 5-7 days of hell, but that's about it.
    Hey I miss you It's Coco, Chanel <3

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    It's Coco, Chanel <3
    Theeee LF Goddess