+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hurt and confused

Hurt and confused

Firstly the facts. Long distance, never met in person (but into plans to do so) in a relationship for just over a month.

Honestly I don't know how to feel or what to think. Two days ago things couldn't have been better, we did a web cam session for close to 6 hours and were laughing and joking and generally having a great time the whole way through. We were discussing plans to see each-other and how excited we both were for this to happen and things were just....well perfect.

Then suddenly the next day it all changed. She told me that a combination of school starting and her friends returning from holidays led to her not being able to think straight and she needed to sort things out in her life and worst of all she told me that she could not be 100% certain that she could be faithful to me, she said she had been asked on a date to a party and accepted it and could not guarantee that nothing would happen.

I'm so disappointed. I don't know what to think, I want her to be happy, it's all that matters to me but I just do not understand how someones feelings can do a complete 180 just like that, it makes no sense to me.

She has not said straight out that is is over forever between us, but honestly even if she does sort herself out and want me in her life again, i don't think I could take her back. Being with someone who can just completely change their attitude like that overnight would make me feel so insecure.

I was convinced her feelings for me were genuine and strong but I guess I was wrong. Another problem with long distance relationships I suppose, it is easier to hide your true feelings.

Life goes on, I just need to learn from this I suppose but I don't know WHAT to learn, because all it has taught me is that at any second, someones thoughts and feelings can changing with a snap of the fingers, and that is so unsettling it's not funny.

The joys of life.

Yeah, just move on buddy. She was never really serious anyway. You're just an option for her, dont make her your priority.