+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a man with a stutter

Yes, another poster with OCD! Maybe one day very attractive men with mental problems will rule the world.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Yes, another poster with OCD! Maybe one day very attractive men with mental problems will rule the world.
    so far only ugly men with mental problems rule the world.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

We're allowed to dream.

One day... we'll take a count of how many people on here have some form of mental illness... but for now, take my word, you're not alone.

Relationships are not necessarily over because of a mental illness -- untreated illnesses or lack of desire to 'stick with it' in regards to treatment can end relationships. One or both members feeling they got more than they bargained for can end relationships.

My suggestion would be to drop hints in the beginning... when you get to know them well enough -- be honest with them. Whether they accept you or not is up to them. Just do your best to get the disorder under control and manageable -- not be some pivotal make or break issue for a relationship.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

yes.. i decided to come back after a month or so and tell a few secrets to the world.

i have my ocd undercontrol now, after she left me i did'nt care about having it, and it's now at a point where its not bothering me so much. As with my speech its getting better.

It seems all my dreams can come true now, but in exchange for the girl..she came into my life and changed everything but perhaps i'm not made for her..time will tell, i can only hold on to faith about the future

its most important to me that she's happy, even with another, if i remember this.. then i cant lose

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post

Now that I think about it... women have A LOT of fantasies involving men that don't talk much... I wonder why that is?
    "Tis better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to open thy mouth and remove all doubt."

I read that stutter is associated with anxiety and it's possible to get better. Have you seen a councilor or a speech therapist?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

hey, i'm new to this forum, and this post really stood out.
    I personally don't think a stutter is a problem. I admit, to some it may, but for most people, it doesn't bother them. I recently met someone at work, who also has a stutter. I think i may actually like him. And when i talk to him, i'm just patient, and his stutter doesn't bother me in the slightest. Hey, i even think its cute
    Mabye you need to just find the right girl. I admit, its very brave of you to try and change yourself, because it must be terribly hard. but mabye, just mabye, if you met someone else who is not phased by it, you wouldn't need to chance the way you are. I'm sorry if this didn't help :/

thanks for all the responses they are all welcome)

I want to wait for her, i dont want any more regrets, i'm tied of regrets.. and i still feel the love inside..

Also i've taken up jogging and i find it keeps me focused on something else, i enjoy it, and i think running could save me from the pain)

waiting for her may well turn into a regret in itself.

sorry to be such a grump

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I read that stutter is associated with anxiety and it's possible to get better. Have you seen a councilor or a speech therapist?
    well i'm part of the mcguire programme..and it makes us go up to all of are feared situations and speak using a technique..so basicly you have go have really big balls to overcome, but its possible with time and hard work

Good, I'm glad you're dealing with it head-on.
    Spammer Spanker

Winston Churchill, Charles Darwin, Thomas Jefferson, Marilyn Monroe, Isaac Newton, George Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, my brother, you... nice company

I had a friend who used to stutter really bad, but he always got the ladies (seriously), he was good looking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123