+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some admin support!

Need some admin support!

Is it me or do you guys also get an error whenever you go to the main page? [url]www.loveforum.net[/url]

I always get this message popping up:

"Error

A Runtime Error has occurred.
    Do you wish to Debug?

Line: 1318
    Error: 'document.forms.dstform' is null or not an object

Yes/No"

I can't figure out why it keeps doing that. Anybody know anything about this or is experiencing the same thing?

Nope can't say i have. maybe its your computer. maybe it doesnt suport something on the website
    - Claire -

Look like javascript error. Are you running the latest IE with javascript enable?
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

didnt get a single error since i registered yesterday :-P

The error usually occur when your system did not meet a certain requirement.

"A Runtime Error has occurred. " sound like some system error to me.

I get this error at my home location also. My machine is flawless. The error is in the .php code. Its nothing the admin can fix without crossing into the vBulletin code. And if he does that then he faces copyright law punishment or some shit. Unless he fixes the error and lets vBulletin know what and where he fixed the error.

The error message is there when you have IE setup to show you when there is syntax error in the code. I leave this setting on because I am a big webmaster/coder/whatever and I like to know when there are errors and such in my code.

The error is basically stating that the variable "'document.forms.dstform" is empty, or something is calling it a variable and its not a variable at all. The error is NOT on the host machine. It is in the .php code on the loveadmin's server.

loveadmin - send me a pm if you want me to locate the exact error for you tonight and see if I can fix it for you. I will gladly do this task free of charge and free of recognition. PM me and we will discuss the process.

well i guess thats just about rapped up this thread
    - Claire -

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    I get this error at my home location also. My machine is flawless. The error is in the .php code. Its nothing the admin can fix without crossing into the vBulletin code. And if he does that then he faces copyright law punishment or some shit. Unless he fixes the error and lets vBulletin know what and where he fixed the error.

The error message is there when you have IE setup to show you when there is syntax error in the code. I leave this setting on because I am a big webmaster/coder/whatever and I like to know when there are errors and such in my code.

The error is basically stating that the variable "'document.forms.dstform" is empty, or something is calling it a variable and its not a variable at all. The error is NOT on the host machine. It is in the .php code on the loveadmin's server.

loveadmin - send me a pm if you want me to locate the exact error for you tonight and see if I can fix it for you. I will gladly do this task free of charge and free of recognition. PM me and we will discuss the process.
    Yeah I figured it was something along the lines of the forum scripts because I used to have a forum of my own and I know that first of all they try to copyright "whichever company you're jacking it from" and second of all it's kind of like html but I don't understand most of their language so yeah.

Anyways, thx for clearing that up. Hopefully that error gets fixed, but if it doesn't, it's not a big deal. I mean what's the worst that could happen? The message popping up everytime I'm at the home page with this weird "DUN" noise and all I have to do is click "No" to make it go away.

Hi Billy,

Thanks for your help.
    I will just stick to the current file and forum for the time being.
    There's too much to check as this forum is heavily modified from the original one.

Only one file to check. The error message is being poped up only with the default page (default.php or whatever you have it set to). It is either this page that contains the error, or it is a page that it is calling (i.e. <--#include "whatever.php"--> ).

PHP and other SSS languages have the capabilities to call up other pages to "insert" more code into that page. It reduces the amount of code in the files - called files are files that can be called by many pages, makes for easier updating and such..

The error is on line 1318. But since php call up other files there is no true way of telling what line and/or file the error is in. It could be on line 247 of the default.php page, but since that file calls up like 5 other files in the head of the document it just threw in about 1000 more lines of code in front of that error - thus the IE debugging app detects the error at a much higher line than it really is, 1318.

The error should be relatively simple to fix. At least the syntax seems correct in my head. I would be glad to help you fix this error - actually I would be excited to contribute to such a big site.

If you are worried about security for your site, dont worry - I wont need access to your server. Just email me the default page and the pages it calls upon. I will then search the pages for the error and fix it. I will then email it back to you with specifics to what I changed and why I changed it. Then you can run tests on it to make sure I didnt kill anything. And then put it in place of the files with the error(s) in them if you think its a good enough job.