+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

Arghhhh why do I get tempted and still look on my ex and her new bf's wall so much?i have removed them both but they are not set to 'private' the temptation always gets the better of me and it's like she's having the time of her life whilst i'm suffering.I hate it but it's handy to stayvin contact with friends etc....anyone else suffer this?

I used to do that with my ex but didn't care for that puched in the stomach feeling. Don't be a glutton for punishment. Just remember how bad you felt last time you looked when you are tempted to look again.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Facebook has been the demise and then subsequent torture of countless doomed lovers. She's having the time of her life because this new guy is tearing up her pussy every night while you're on Facebook.

Go find a rebound chick to keep your cock happy, your mind will soon follow, trust me.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I have my ex-gf removed but her bf doesnt have privacy. saw it once by chance and haven't been back on there. No thanks. Curiousity killed the cat.

Like QueenOfCorona said... remember how u felt the last time. You'll be put off soon enough.

Yea, I have been doing the same thing, and it's killing me. I also feel the same way too, how can she be having the time of her life when I am suffering so much? Well the best thing that I can tell you is to basically say what everyone else has already said, just don't look at it. It is hard, because you always want to know what they are doing, or how they are feeling, but in the end, you will just suffer more. The best way to get over a break up is to just lose all contact with your ex, and if you keep on looking at their facebook profile, you will see their picture which will just bring back memories for you (I looked at all our old pictures, and we have hundreds together, and it made me feel 100 times worst, so I would advise not doing that). Also, they are not your problem now, so you don't need to know what they are doing all the time. It's hard, but you'll get through it eventually, takes time.

Listen to Primo.

Get the hell out of the house, flirt shamelessly.

Good luck, and don't forget to wear clean underware and bring a pocket full of condoms.

Nothing wrong with that, it's tempting to see what people are doing even if it is something like "Just failed at making toast, charcoal anyone??" it lets you know how their life is going, if their happy be happy for them and carry on with your own life, thats the best way to go about it =)

It's all an illusion. An act to make you feel like she is winning because she dumped you and you are wallowing in a pit of despair. She's not nearly having as much fun as you think, because you are giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking "this guy is awesome, I'm a piece of shit in comparison she'll never want me back." This is your chance to turn your shit around and be that confident, positive, awesome person that she liked in the first place. The new guy usually gets that couple month leeway where they can't possibly **** up (the honeymoon stage). You have some time. Meanwhile, don't go around posting your sorrow on your away message and facebook updates as if you'd get her back by pity. Get yourself back on track, you never know when she will pop back up in your life. You want to be ready because if you are feigning that confidence, she'll see right through it.

Hit the gym, hang with your buddies, start dating other girls or if not possible, at least making conversation with them. Even good looking girls you see out. Doesn't matter if you get their number or not, it's for the confidence boost. You are at confidence rock bottom now and that is not a good place to be considering that's what any woman wants in a man. They want a man that can get the job done. That's why even douchebag assholes get awesome girls. They have that swagger.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

^^^agree with that. best answer.