+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the questions my ex asks me at work???

What do you think about the questions my ex asks me at work???

Alright so I still work with my ex who broke up with me 3 months ago. I had a tough time with it but I'm in a muuch better place right now. We've been getting along really well lately and she's seemingly flirting with me at times. She makes work excuses to call me in the morning where before she used to text me. She starts off with a work question and goes into talking about other random stuff. Maybe we're just becoming good friends.... I dunno.

Random: I take propecia for what used to be thinning/receding hairline that only I could really tell was there. My hair looks great and nobody would have any suspicion I'm on the stuff. Anyways she asks me if I'm still taking it like every other week and comments on how good my hair looks. Today she asked about it again. Today she also asked me if I had been tanning and I said yes. "Yeah I thought so cuz your chest is kinda red." "mmmm thanks?" I replied, (like why are you telling me this) and she's like " yeah no problem!" and we kinda laughed. Yesterday she mentioned how my face was thinner and asked if I had been losing weight, which I have been.

What do you guys make of this? She coming back around? Just being nice?

Based on the information you've given, I'd say she likes you.

Does sound like she is flirting, which is somewhat strange considering she broke it off with you (although I guess it depends on the reasons for the split). Was it like this before you to got together Just wondering if you two were friends/colleagues before dating, since some people can have quite a flirty nature.

Wow loads of brits on here tonight....

I had a ex that did that however she didnt want to rekindle things. Some just are flirtacious or even though they dont want to be with you they want to keep you in your life.

I personally would be careful reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by abra kadabra View Post
    Does sound like she is flirting, which is somewhat strange considering she broke it off with you (although I guess it depends on the reasons for the split). Was it like this before you to got together Just wondering if you two were friends/colleagues before dating, since some people can have quite a flirty nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtdg82 View Post
    Wow loads of brits on here tonight....

I had a ex that did that however she didnt want to rekindle things. Some just are flirtacious or even though they dont want to be with you they want to keep you in your life.

I personally would be careful reading too much into it.
    Oh man I can't even remember what we were like 2 years ago before we got together. I dont remember her being too flirty though.

Yeah I'm not trying to read too much into it.(even though i might be) I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the subject. She's probably just trying to do what she can to keep me around and on my toes so she can keep thinking she can have me back whenever she pleases.

Havin' too much fun to fall for that one again.

Anyone else have opinions?

She's noticing these changes in you (hair, tan, weight loss) and maybe feeling attracted to you.

What was the reason she broke it off in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    She's noticing these changes in you (hair, tan, weight loss) and maybe feeling attracted to you.

What was the reason she broke it off in the first place?

Possibly...

She broke if off with me the first time because she wanted a break. I found a new girl, then she wanted me back. I dumped new girl and got back with the ex. Six weeks later she met another dude and dumped me again. Her and new dude have since broken up.

She was never a party girl in the least bit, now she's going out and getting wasted and got a second job as a cocktail waitress at an upscale bar. She's doing the party girl thing which is cool, but I have a feeling she still needs the support of a BF.

If she doesn't feel good or something is wrong...guess who she talks to at work about it. This is when she talks to me like we're still together. Instead of "I've got a stomach ache" its " My tummmyyy hurrrts". I dont want to be an ass and not be friendly to her, but I've been trying not to offer up "boyfriend like" support.

If she was coming on to you, how would you feel about that? If its not something you want then maybe you need to have a talk with her, that's if its making you feel uncomfortable. If it is, she needs to know your boundaries and stop the tummy talk! She's not your girlfriend anymore and therefore shouldn't really expect boyfriend like support.

ehhh If she is actually coming onto me, I would just ignore it. I dont think I'll have to say anything to her. She's a smart girl she'll get the hint that I'm not into it when I further ignore her cutesy comments....or that will make her all the more into it when I dont reciprocate

hmmm....could be trouble?

I dunno man. If she's single now she may be looking for attention, and she knows just where to go for it. Heck, you may even get back together again, but I wouldn't expect it to last.

Bitch calls me this morning to talk about a new freaking bed she's thinking about getting. " so this is totally random, but do you remember the name of that place we stayed at that had the comfortable bed?"

"Yes the Westin, the heavenly bed"

"I want to buy one of those"

She's probably just trying to be friends with me, but I ended the conversation because I had to get to work.

Haha. Either way, she's fishing for something. That is the ONLY reason I can think of that would possess a girl to call a guy to ask him such a random question that is conveniently bringing up part of your mutual past. You sound like you're on the right path, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Haha. Either way, she's fishing for something. That is the ONLY reason I can think of that would possess a girl to call a guy to ask him such a random question that is conveniently bringing up part of your mutual past. You sound like you're on the right path, dude.

yeah the mutual past stuff is stuff she always wants to talk about....

I KNOW she knows the name of the place we stayed at, she could have looked it up online.

Whateva. Anyone have any other insight as to why she is doin' this other than she's into me again/bored/fishing?

Thanks for the replies.

Wow soo its gotten even more heavy.

Yesterday I had an appointment, she calls me immediately after the appointment to ask how it went. We talked for a while and had really good conversation for about 40 min on the phone.

Right before I hung up with her, I told her how hungry I was for some "good" food since I've been eating very healthy lately. After we hang up...she texts me

"now that you said that I'm pretty sure I would Kill for some cheese fries lol" (cheese fries was our favorite food)

me: "I would totally go right now, you wanna"
    me: "as friends of course"

Her: I need to shower first lol (keep in mind she didnt go to work yesterday cuz she was sick)

We then texted plans to meet up at Outback (best cheese fries ever!)

So we meet at Outback....she's dressed up looking FINE in a low cut shirt showing off her fake tits....I kinda dressed down (on purpose)

We eat....she talks and makes cutesy comments like she used to make to me. If she was any other friend of mine that was a girl I would have gotten a hug or a kiss on the cheek goodbye.....got none of that. Probably intentional on her part.

Anyways...fast forward to her first day back to work today. She is flirting and talking like she used to talk with me when we were together....we're laughing having a good time enjoying each other like old times.

I go to lunch by myself and she was clearly not happy about it. When I got back "where'd you go to lunch?!?!" I told her and she's like "wish I would have eaten some delicious lunch"

She seems to be interested again, that's obvious, however I WILL NOT put myself out there again only for her to be wishy washy again. If she wants to hookup....cool....but I'm not gonna be sucked back in. Having too much fun being single

Thought I'd share the new developments. Some of you know how hard a time I had with this girl and she's playin' games again. Go figure!
    Last edited by Dogtoast; 21-01-10 at 10:41 AM. Reason: I was in a hurry when posting and it sounded dumb

I'm an idiot. I'm letting myself get played again by this girl who's playing freaking games. No matter how good it feels to be on good terms with her again, and feel like she likes me again, she's playing games.

What a dumbass I am for getting excited about this chick :faceslap

I shouldnt have even wrote about this stuff!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast