+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think about the questions my ex asks me at work???

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtoast View Post
    she doesnt like that I turned her down last night....she's being short and seems a little pissy today.
    This is where the real trial by fire starts. I'm sure you still care about her, and you don't like seeing her hurt and upset, but she is going to get upset about this. Stand strong and keep ignoring her.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    This is where the real trial by fire starts. I'm sure you still care about her, and you don't like seeing her hurt and upset, but she is going to get upset about this. Stand strong and keep ignoring her.
    yeah i know this is the hardest part right now. it will be easier when I'm in this office much much less

don't be fooled by this devil woman. She is trying to lure you back after she had make her fun without you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallgeese View Post
    don't be fooled by this devil woman. She is trying to lure you back after she had make her fun without you.
    Yes, but the stupid part of me wants to say "maybe you could get together with her and it would last"

Smart part of me says "you tried that dude, and she screwed you over"

the phrase is " you live and you learn" not "you live and you do it again"

I like to hold out hope that one day we might bet back together, because she was amazing, but she'd need to have learned whatever it is she needs to learn so that she isnt thinking "maybe theres better" or "maybe the grass is greener'

then the other side says FU$K that bitch...you can do better...etc.

Guys I'm seriously having problems right now. I'm really feeling the strong urge to ask my ex to hang out. I'm horny as hell and dont have any prospects right now....this is a problem

She's been dropping hints and trying to hang out and I've resisted her so far. I cannot do the No Contact thing totally because we work together. She's literally sitting next to me right now, looking hot.

We're not going to be working together much longer because I'm moving onto something new in like 2 weeks. I dont know if I just need words of encouragement or what, but I'm thinking I'm still in love with this girl, even though she used me.

I just want her so bad right now.

I've been doing so well ignoring her advances/texts etc. and I feel like I'm going to break at any moment and initiate contact with her.

I feel like I need to lay it out on the line with her and show her all my cards and just be like look....

"I still have feelings for you and possibly love you still. You really hurt me when you dumped me for xxxx and I'd love to be back with you, but I'm not sure you wont screw me over again"

Is this retarded for me to want to just tell her everything thats on my mind....or continue on my NC and just leave her be.....I cant help thinking that I'm still in love with this girl....but we're both going through such large changes in our life right now. I cant help feeling like I'm wanting to cling to her for support, and she's possibly doing the same thing.

Too late, I folded. I'm lonely and going to use her like she used me, til I can find a replacement. We might hang out this weekend.

Fu$k

Nooooo, don't let her poison bite you. This is exactly what she wants for you to do. If you go back then she will know she can do what she wants. She already left you before and is just using you. You might as well give her a box and say "here have my balls because I am desperate."

I agree. You should string them together so she can hang them from her rear-view mirror in her car.
    Spammer Spanker

Here's how I justified it in my head today. I'm going to do the same shit she did to me. I'm going to use her for the company and possibly sex. While at the same time keep my eyes open and continue to date and hook up with other women every now and then. We are not getting back together, only hanging out.

This probably makes me a bad person....definitely an A-hole. Again, justifiable because she did it to me. This time 'round, I've got the foresight to KNOW what she's about, and what to expect. Before it was "ohh geez I'm so happy and in love because we're back together again", because last time...we were actually back together.

She does not want a relationship....I do not want a relationship. We're happy when we spend time together.

I think I'm headstrong enough now to take this on....famous last words.

My friend, you are no Gary Kasparov of love. You already lost to her before and she is playing you again.

DT, you're doing alot of rationalizing, hun. I don't think you're going to be able to shut off ALL of your feelings for her like that. Most people can't. We've seen this happen over and over on the forums.

We'll be here for you when it all goes south.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    DT, you're doing alot of rationalizing, hun. I don't think you're going to be able to shut off ALL of your feelings for her like that. Most people can't. We've seen this happen over and over on the forums.

We'll be here for you when it all goes south.
    See the thing is, I'm smart enough to realize that shutting off my feelings is going to be almost impossible. Its that I just can't stop thinking with my freaking heart (and penis). I almost feel like its some mission, which is probably my pride. I feel like I want to make her love me again by continuing to show her how different I am from when we were together.

A contributing factor here is that we couldnt make it work because we worked together. I'm moving on from my position in our company and doing my own thing, so thats no longer going to be an issue with us.

As I just typed those last 2 sentences, I realized I'm rationalizing still.

I guess we'll see if we/I act on things and get together again like we did a week ago when we went out to dinner. I know her, and she does not want a relationship right now. I don't want a relationship right now either, rather I want someone to spend time with every once in a while. I want to have my cake and eat it too, and so does she.

More rationalizations.......I feel like a lost cause right now. What is it thats making me want to put myself through this sh*t again, seriously. In this situation its like someone is bound to get hurt, and I'm wanting to gamble that I'm not that person. Then again I'm the one blabbing about it on a forum at 1:00 am. Can you tell I'm torn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123