+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A cry for help

A cry for help

Hey guys

So as you may know I'm going through a horrible break up.

My gf broke up with me 3 days ago on Thursday. We were together for a year and a half.

My ultimate goal is to get her back.

Her motives was that she just doesn't want to be held back anymore and that she really just wants the freedom to go out with her friends and do whatever. I would always be really selfish when she wanted to just be away from me and with her friends.( I feel this was a huge problem in our relationship) she also said she doesnt want to look back on her life and see her as the girl who always had a bf and never really had any friends.

Another problem is that I would get jealous really easy and I would always make sure she knew ( even if she is just talking to another Guy) Another horrible problem in our relationship.

When she broke up with me she said she still wanted to be my friend. (I'm guessing this is a good thing?)

While we were dating, we basically saw each other everyday. She pretty much lived at my house. We always told each we loved each other and we basically planned our entire life together. This was the happiest times of my life. Is it bad to see each other as often as we did?

On Thursday and Friday morning I was in "panic mode". I hit her with text message terrorism and drunk dialing. ( even tho I wasn't drunk)

I have cut off all contact since Friday morning. I plan on not contacting her for at least 2 or 3 weeks. Is that too short of time?

When I do contact her I plan on sending her the "second chance letter"

Also, I think you should know that she is a really strong person and has been through a lot in her life. I dont see her texting me or calling me because she feels she made a mistake. When she does something she is always set on her decision and hardly ever changes her mind.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

It sounds like you smothered your relationship to death. Those are usually long wick type of breakups, meaning she probably gave you lots of opportunity to change your behavior but you never did. Hate to say it, but I highly doubt she'll come back for you.

really? Even if I somehow prove to her I have changed?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep. She's gone. You blew it, sorry. The 'friends' thing is just a way to let you down easy (and possibly keep you from freaking).

Learn your lesson and try to get a grip on your insecurities. Your 'second chance' letter will only make her feel very uncomfortable & make you seem desperate. I've been on the receiving end of those. Yuck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The second chance letter is not what it sounds like.

If you go to this website... it explains it in the top video:

getusbacktogether.com

Please tell me I still have a chance guys.. =(

Im seriously dying inside.

We know you're dying inside and though advise against it, know you will probably send the letter, a letter, or whatever too (website didn't work for me). Listen, the best you can do is use this as a learning experience and better yourself from it. There's no chance to get back.

Like Indi said, work on your insecurities and if it'll make you feel a little better, it may not be ALL about you. Perhaps she brought out the worst in you? It happens in some relationships. Just learn from it and be a better man for the next girl.

I know you guys probably read this everyday. But this girl was my entire life. She was all I needed to be happy. This is the worst pain I have ever been in in my entire life. I can't eat or sleep. I am sick with a fever and I actually through up cuz Im so upset.

We do go to the same college and it is quite small. The odds are we will run into each other. She also knows im in a class and she wants to crash the class. She says she still loves me...

Please help me guys. I would do anything for this girl.. Im dying

Hey I know exactly how you feel.i'm the same...I done the begging and crying and calls,texts,emails and she said I was a 'needy freak' and she hated me...it's so hard i'm going through the same

I just need some sort of hope. Not in gettivng over her but getting her back.

I prey to God every day that I will get another chance.

No one person can become your entire life. You need to work on learning how to support yourself. Otherwise you're just not fit to care for anyone else emotionally. It's easier said than done, but if you'll read around on these threads, there are many who are in your boat. Read up, learn some stuff.

I won't give up...

Hey I know exactly how you feel.i'm the same...I done the begging and crying and calls,texts,emails and she said I was a 'needy freak' and she hated me...it's so hard i'm going through the same

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dre760 View Post
    I won't give up...
    Yes you will. When you are ready. Right now, you are experiencing chemical withdrawl (seriously, love makes addictive brain chemicals). What you are feeling is pretty normal, but it won't change the outcome. Feel for ya, bud. Get some exercise; the 'happy hormones' (endorphins) from the workout will help.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

So there is absolutely nothing I can do? ANything I try will fail?

Dont contact her and she will have time if she misses you she will call

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast