+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Newbie with Issues

Newbie with Issues

Hey there. I'm new (obviously) but I joined to actually solve an issue in my life. I know, it's really quite odd to ask a forum but I am a weak-willed person and my friends are passive but supportive and I need a pointing finger or two, if not some laughs.

I'm not sure if actual issues go in this section, but here is as good a place as any...
    My problem, here goes:

I'm falling out of 'love' with my bf.

I'm in highschool and he's 3 grades older than me, but that never stopped or intimidated me before. I've never been the annoying, clingy gf because that's not really my style but over the last few weeks, I've just found myself purposely avoiding spending time with him. Now, I'm not a super-frigid bee-otch, nor am I high maintenance. I'm actually getting used to not being single (it's pretty new to me) but we've been together about 2 months now and I've been trying to attribute this weird phase of disinterest to the stress of upcoming finals, but I'm pretty sure that I'm lying to myself. I like hanging with my girlfriends and acting like I'm single more than I currently like hanging out with him. I don't have an excess of time out of school because I'm a self-proclaimed fine arts freak but I thought we really connected. It's just that lately, his quirks and oddities have stopped being endearing and more embarrassing; what used to be sweet is now clingy; what used to be sensitive is now oppressive. He's introduced me to his parents already and he's met my parents, we've kissed, it feels like we're in a little bit more emotionally involved than what is considered reasonable for the time period we've actually been together.

My friend asked me to make a list of major things about him that I don't like, but tell myself that I do. We said if it got up to 5, I was definitely in trouble. I got up to 4.

I just don't want to hurt him too badly and I'm trying to see if I should just suck it up for the next 5 months (until he graduates) or if I should reap the consequences and just endure the awkwordness of ending the relationship by growing a pair. Anyone want to guide me? He's really sweet and I just don't want to hurt him too badly...

It's not difficult to see that you're just not that keen on the guy (as boyfriend material). The longer you stay together, the more attatched he'll get to you.

People who have been married for 30 years shouldn't have to 'suck it up', but after just 2 months, you shouldn't even be considering it. You're still at the the stage where you're discovering the other person. All you're doing is discovering that he's a nice guy who just isn't right for you.

The best thing you can do for the both of you is finish it sooner rather than later.

Moved to 'love advises' forum.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"