+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to be Romantic? Help!!!

How to be Romantic? Help!!!

last night we had a lil argument and she said something that basically hurt me a lot. she said that i ws not romantic at all and she is not happy with the relationship. maybe today we are gonna go on a long drive,
    i thought about this and thought maybe she is right.
    so how do i make the atmosphere in the car more romantic? wht would u guys do or wht would u girls expect.
    how do i be more romantic?

The car? Please - being romantic is easy, here's a few pointers.

- Generally speaking the idea of being romantic is about taking the time and effort that shows to your SO that you care for her. The biggest part of this is doing something or showing her something that clearly took a lot of thought or time and it was all about her.

* Example - You know she has a rough week at work, so on Friday when she gets home have some rose petals leading to the bathroom where you instruct her to draw herself a bath and that you'll have dinner ready at 8. That she is not to come out of the bathroom until then. When she does have a candlelit dinner and ambiance; put on her favorite song, or your shared song, and tell her you've prepared something for her.

- Another thing about being romantic is not being predictable. Flowers aren't romantic if she expects it all the time because you always get them for her on a date. Neither are chocolates or any of the other things typically associated with "romance". Surprise her with them, and do it sparingly.

- Cooking for her, even if you suck. If you suck have a backup plan and then tell her after the fact that you actually ordered it from X - you can share a laugh about it but she'll still love you for taking the time and effort to put her first.

- Call her at random just to tell her you were thinking about her, or that you love her etc. If it's not expected it just might make her day

- Forget the typical romantic walk on the beach stuff. Yes it can still be romantic but it's so obvious and cliche, women prefer it if you cater to them personally. Something that you know about them and that reflects that you know it.

* Another Example * - For xmas this year I gave a gift to someone I have romantic feelings towards. It was a smaller item, a token really, but I had a card that explained what it was for within the context of the gift. It was from something we both enjoy and knew about that not everyone does. The attached card gave it a deeper meaning that said to her on a deeper level that I put a lot of thought into it for her.

Being romantic is really just about compounding these sort of ideas, and using the sparingly, and randomly so that it's a pleasant surprise when it happens.

Just some thoughts, I'm sure others will have ideas too, gl man