+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guys in eyeliner

Guys in eyeliner

Went out with eyeliner on today for the 3rd time ever.
    Ill tell you how everyone rected to me wearing it a bit later, but 1st I want your opinions.
    From both the guys and the girls, what do you think of guys wearing eyeliner?

if you like it, go for it. I don't really care for it myself but I care less about what a guy's wearing than I do about how he acts
    [URL=http://portse.ipbhost.com]Keystroke Community[/URL]

It doesnt bother me, I just go for what others like.
    A couple of girls asked me to do it, so I did.
    The way they where looking at me after that kinda scared me a little .
    They definatly liked it, but I did get a bit of unwanted attention from them.
    The other girls didnt comment, and that could have been either because they liked it, didnt care, or hated it.
    One guy I talked to hated it though. Coinsodentaly, 2 other guys I had not seen before (friends of the 2 girls that wanted me to wear it) arrived, both wearing eyeliner. So I was a little surprised to find out I wasnt the only one (which made me feel more comfortable).

So that little social circle liked it, Im just wondering about everyone elce.
    I know some guys would probaly try and beat me up on sight if they saw me with it on.
    Last edited by LucidDream; 02-09-04 at 11:28 AM.

What's eyeliner?

Stuff to line your eyes with!!!

Like Elysium it's not really my thing but if you like wearing it then what the hell!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    fags... only girls are supposed to wear make up. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Lol... sorry Lucid but I'm with Illusional on this one. I'd never DREAM of highlighting my eyes, at this point in time at least.

I thought that at 1st, and I only did it for a joke (and to be honest I was a little curious, since alot of my favourate artists wear it)
    But you would be surprised just how many people wear it, especialy actors and alternate music artists.
    Most famous example of this is Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Feels freaky as hell putting it on for the 1st time though!
    But it does give you a good feeling when your ordering a drink and the bar tender looks right into your eyes and gives you a pleasant smile insted of just serving you then moving on, taking no notice of you.

Im not going to wear it all the time though, Im not entierly comfortable with it.
    But if you have the image where it isnt too much of a big step to try it, I recomend you give it a try, depending on what your area is like.

There is one problem I do have with it though, and thats Lust, suddenly Im getting the kind of attention I dont want, some girls like it a bit too much.

Hmmm, lots of actors, and dancers and other stage performers use it because without it the bright lights can tend to make the face into more of a flat plane. It's only so that you can still see their features clearly.

They'll also be wearing pan stick & probably lipstick as well but I'm guessing you won't go that far!!!!

No, some guys wear lipstick and nail polish, but Im never going to toutch the stuff.
    Im bairly able to pluck up the courage to wear eyeliner for a 4th time. And I am not sure what pan stick is, is it like face paint or something?

It's like a cross between foundation and greasepaint. Horrid goopy cover up for wearing on stage. bleurgh.

I know some men do wear the stuff I just got the impression from your thread that you probably weren't going to be one of them, at least not anytime soon!!!!

Despite the fact that eyeliner doesn't really do it for me I'm quite impressed. It took me until I was about 18 ror 19 (so about 4 or so years of trying) to be able to put the eyeliner on properly without looking like someone had tried to beat me up!!! I guess you don't really have the luxury of being able to get away with having really badly applied eyeliner if you're a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    fags... only girls are supposed to wear make up. raverboy
    I totally agree !!

I remember I used to like AFI a little - but I always thought his voice was kinda high, and that maybe he was gay. Then I saw a music video and I saw he wore eyeliner - that told me that he's a fag.

If you're a guy and you actually consider going out in public with eyeliner - hell, even considering it in your own home - you're a fag. Simple.

Nothing wrong with being gay - I have alot of gay friends. But if you're not gay - then why the hell you gonna wear a gay/girlie thing ?

Idiots ! All of them.

Well the interesting thing is some people (mostly other guys might I add) guess that guys with long hair (mine is more of a medium), wear shits (ok, so I only have one) insted of manchester united or Nike tops, and eyeliner (only worn 3 times, the 2nd time the girls put it on me) are gay.

But guess what? They are less likely to be gay .
    1/10 'normal people' are gay, and about 1/15 of those guys are gay.
    The AFI guy (long hair and eyeliner) -strait
    The Lostprophets guy (short spiky hair and no eyeliner) -gay

Im kinda half 'normal', half 'them'.
    Im not actualy sure why that is though, Ive been told its because they are more comfortable with their sexuality...but whatever.

Besides, Im much to traditional to be anything other than strait.
    Ya know, have my own house, wife and have 2-3 kids and a family pet.

Ok, I have to admit, I do mistake the metrosexuals out there for being gay, but Im not bothered if they are gay or not. None of my friends are gay though, well one of the girls is Bi.

I dont realy like the eyeliner, but I dont hate it either, I just go with whatever people like. People asked me to do it cos they thought I would look cool, so I did it. If people asked me to stop, I would.

Anyway its not something Im making a habbit out of, I was just curious and people said I would look cool in it.
    Infact I think im going to quit it, I got too much female attention. Getting yer ass pinched all the time gets boring quickly and I dont have the kind of flirty personalety to react to that.

I dont blame you for having that opinion though, I was like that a year or 2 ago.
    Last edited by LucidDream; 02-09-04 at 10:35 PM.

Whatever floats your boat man. I know some people wear a little bit of makeup to make themselves look a little better.

Personally, it doesn't bother me either way. But I'm someone who really isn't bothered by trivial things. I figure if I'm gonna let something annoy/affect my demeanor, it may as well be something serious. Not some guy wearing something that I wouldn't wear myself. It's his choice. You're choice in this case.

Rod Steele

lol it doesnt float my boat, I dont realy care.
    But if other people like it, then I am willing to wear it. If they hate it or are not bothered, then I wont.
    Im just wondering what different views different types of people have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast