+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend's paranoia about getting me pregnant

Boyfriend's paranoia about getting me pregnant

How should I deal with my boyfriend's paranoia about getting me pregnant? He knows I am on the Depo Provera shot and he knows that it is extremely effective but he is still paranoid due to a previous incident where we thought that I may have gotten pregnant but I did not. He doesn't want any children and neither do I. What should we do?
    Last edited by Sweetiepie69; 14-01-10 at 06:11 AM.

The best suggestion would be to take as many precautions if you can. Pills, condoms and even withdrawal if you must.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

If he's the paranoid one then he should start rubbering up.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how can you 'almost get pregnant' ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredbomb0 View Post
    The best suggestion would be to take as many precautions if you can. Pills, condoms and even withdrawal if you must.
    Thank you. We already practice withdrawal. We always have. He doesn't use condoms because they don't feel natural to him. We've tried every condom on the market but lambskin condoms. We'll try those the next time. But are they reliable? I heard that they have holes in them that the sperm can get through. Also, we are going to start using a spermicide along with having the morning after pill on hand just in case we ever do have an accident and need it. We are much more careful now since the incident I described in the OP.

Tell him to get a vasectomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Tell him to get a vasectomy.
    Definitely about as sure a thing as you can get!

He doesn't want kids, easy call then right?

I'd say so! Honestly I don't know why so many people are dead set against that. Simple solution to a possibly complex "problem" (depending on your life views and desire for the future). Doesn't change anything important, you still work, no risk, have all the fun you want with your significant other without the fear of pitter patters

Promise him you'll get an abortion if you have a kid while you are on the pill. That sure will lighten things up.

Well, he's currently uninsured so a vasectomy is not an option. Plus, I don't think they give those to just anyone. Don't you have to have already had a kid?

As far as I know, just anyone, can get them. The whole point is for people that don't want kids, so I can't imagine you have to have made a child first. If so, then the world truly has gone mad. Seems that'd be about like saying a girl has to have had a child, before she can go on the pill. lol. As far as cost, they are not too bad, at least not from what i googled. Though I guess that depends on one's opinion of expensive. Far cheaper than kids!

Quote Originally Posted by UnnamedSong View Post
    As far as I know, just anyone, can get them. The whole point is for people that don't want kids, so I can't imagine you have to have made a child first. If so, then the world truly has gone mad. Seems that'd be about like saying a girl has to have had a child, before she can go on the pill. lol. As far as cost, they are not too bad, at least not from what i googled. Though I guess that depends on one's opinion of expensive. Far cheaper than kids!
    I just looked up the costs and you are right, it's not too expensive. We might consider this.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    stop having sex... haha. honestly if you're not ready to deal with the consequences, then don't take the risk.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    stop having sex... haha. honestly if you're not ready to deal with the consequences, then don't take the risk.

raverboy
    Nah, if one can have sex while greatly reducing the possibility of consequences then why not? We're going to continue to have sex, we just might simply be a little more careful about it (as if we aren't already being careful enough by me using the depo-provera injection).

We are considering adding condoms and spermicide to our birth control "armory". The problem is finding a condom he is comfortable with. He told me in the past that he can't feel anything with the condoms we have tried. I don't know if that's because they're too tight (he's a large man) or if it is because the condoms are too thick or what. We'll keep looking for the right condom though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast