+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help with break up

Need help with break up

Ok we'll I'll keep a long story short I recently broke up with my gf after 2 years, it was a bad break up and here's the story so far I am of Turkish decent and my ex was Greek my parents never accepted our relationship and I never introduced her to my family because I didn't want to scare her off. her family accepted me however I never felt good enough to them due to my heritage and as a result rarely attend her family functions, she would always ask me to introduce her to someone from my family however I didn't do this because I didn't want a backlash from them, I just wasn't ready, A month ago we had a huge fight and she told me she couldn't deal with our situation anymore because she felt insecure and didn't want to get hurt in the long run through a text MSG from her friend, I've only spoken to her once since the fight a week later where I was angry with what happened and told her I didn't want to speak, she said that she loves me and then I hung up because I was so hurt, it's been 3 weeks with no contact I feel like I'll never get the chance to speak to her again and it's killing me. I've also been asked not to contact her by her family and friends. What do I do I'm lost without her

oh jack, that sounds terrible. family is hard to get around especially with both backgrounds having such cultural issues. unfortunately with people like that on both sides it can make it very difficult. it's up to you what you decide. no-one can make the decision for you. things will always be tough with family like that. it's up to you whether your love outweighs the hassle on both sides. as long as neither of you are in danger from either sides of the family then it just really about whether you love her enough to be strong for her.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Thank you for your reply and I know she's the one and don't care what my family thinks, I just going crazy thinking that it may be that last time I'll ever speak to her knowing I have so much still to say