+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Need to lose weight >.< (long post)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Running is terrible for the knees and feet, though, and runners tend to age more quickly (appearances) because of the time they spend in the sun. Isn't there a better option?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by sAsAk1 View Post
    Ok so here's the thing,

I have been overweight for like, forever. I don't even know what it's like to be skinny. I exercise I cycle about 2 hours everyday (30 minutes each time because my bike is my transportation). I don't drive a car when I go somewhere I cycle. I used to do Tapdance (I was still overweight), after that I did Judo (Yeah still overweight) and for about 6 months I did Karate which I quit because of my part-time job getting in the way (I get more evening shifts which stop me from going to karate). A while ago I decided I couldn't take it any longer and I quit eating candy. I eat regular breakfast (2 sandwiches and a glass of milk) I ate bad lunch until a little while ago (I always ate 2 croissants and drank about a liter of fruit-smoothie). As for dinner I just eat whatever my mother cooks but I try never to take seconds. (She doesn't cook unhealthy there's always plenty of vegetables)

I don't worry about my health. I have no problems with my heart or cholesterol or anything like that. I eat fruit every day (I love fruit) and vegetables too. I never eat french fries (I kinda hate McDonalds or other fast-food restaurants).

Yet I DO NOT Lose any weight. I'm not skinny believe me I could lose about 10 kilos. My clothes are always large and I just don't know what I should do to lose weight anymore. I once tried going on Atkins but it backfired on me and although I lost weight in the beginning it all came back after a few weeks.

Sorry for the long post. Oh and in case you want to know I weigh about 69 kilos and I'm 1.60m (152 pounds and 5.2 feet)

Please help me!
    Dear sAsAk1,

The society we live upon puts pressure upon young females to fit a certain image. This image is of attempt to portray what a healthy, happy female should look like. When in reality this girl is eating nothing, the nutrition her body is getting is of dangerously disgusting lows, she is probably force vomiting and probably has many health side effects like low blood sugar which instigates passing out, lack of blood flow to the brain/lack of nutrition which instigates hallucinations and this female bones are of the strength of a piece of wood.

However, unless you are playing a sport in which entitles a certain weight group. You shouldn't be looking at the scale for how "fat" you are. You should be concerned with your "body fat" or your "bmi." If you are looking to lose body fat percentage, here are a few tips;

1. Diet is everything, if you are not tracking your calories and you are consuming more calories then you are burning. You will NOT lose weight, you WILL gain weight.
    Look at eating more meals a day, but smaller portions. This will force your metabolism to be more active and it make it easier to convert calories into joules instead of storing them as fat cells.
    You should also consider dropping high sugar foods (especially high fructose corn-syrups like candy..) AND the less processed food the better (less saturated and trans fats = thumbs up). If you like green tea (which is rich in catechin polyphenols) drink it.

2. Workout plan, monitor your heart rate, if you don't know how. Look it up and find a few sites with calculations and act accordingly.

3. Stay motivated, the less fatty foods like peanut butter (nuts), high calorie foods and sugary treats your body consumes = your body having an easier time to losing body fat (note: do enjoy a treat here and there but not everyday).

- Achilles'

running is not bad on the knees. running with BAD POSTURE is bad on the knees. check out chi running or pose running. also study kenyan running form. those guys never get injured.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123