+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: family appreciation thread

family appreciation thread

Tell me your good stories about family and parents:

I have been mildly ill with a bug I caught from my nephew the last 2 days and my parents dropped by at dinner time with a beauty of a meal: organic chicken and organic mashed potato already cooked and in a hot pot. Man when I was living with them they weren’t as nice heh. Well they probably were but I didn’t fully appreciate them. But lately they have been so good to me with small gestures like tonight. I’m mad about them.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sisters rock my world. We are going on vacation together in March, and we are going to make all kinds of trouble. We laugh a lot when we are together.

The last time we were together, we all went to Starbucks for coffee, and one of my sisters mistakenly picked up someone else's drink off the counter. When I pointed out that it wasn't hers, she licked the rim of the cup, and held it out to the woman who was supposed to get it, and asked her if she still wanted it.

I don't know why I still laugh about that.

My brother is rock solid. He's the guy that shows up with a pickup truck at eight in the morning on the day you have to move and stays until you're done.
    Spammer Spanker

When I was about 5 years old I had my older sister and two younger twin sisters, and my mother was expecting.

I told her that if it was another girl I'd move to the moon.

Fortunately it was a boy. I would've gone nuts by now if I would've had 4 sisters.

I love how excited my niece and nephew get when they call me, "Are you coming to Gwamma's house today, Auntie Denny?" My 2-year-old niece's voice melts my heart.

They're always happy to see me when I do get to go home.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

My parents are the strongest people I know. They have lost 6 of their children. 3 by Incident. 2 by Health. 1 by Accident. They have been through so much and they are still together hanging in there. My mom loves us so much and I know she feels like she is a bad parent or feels like she is cursed so my siblings and I spend a lot of time lifting her spirits up.

When I feel the pain, I think to myself, they feel it 10x more. They've lost their children. I know that I am not making them happy by not taking good care of myself. So I plan on changing that so that they won't have to wonder about me. I love them so much. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them sosososososoososo much.

Its funny how when we were younger my sister and I used to fight like cats and dogs and my mom would say, "You'll be best friends when you two grow up." She was right.

I love catching up with her. She makes me laugh like no one else.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

My parents are "F"ing morons.

They made sure I didn't die when I was a kid. And then tried to kill me by tormenting me so that I would commit suicide as a young adult.

The two balance out, so things are in equality.

I like equality, I like nuetrality. I like serenity and peace, which is why I want my parents to go away.

I must leave this thread it is causing me physical pain.

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Its funny how when we were younger my sister and I used to fight like cats and dogs and my mom would say, "You'll be best friends when you two grow up." She was right.

I love catching up with her. She makes me laugh like no one else.
    I imagine at one point my father will stop picking my brother up from the police station and then it will be my turn. I wonder if that will make us friends ? My parents never said we'd be friend and I still hate the little shite.

BG,

you can be the first to start your own 'i don't appreciate my family' thread..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

My parents are not compatible together. Which is funny because my siblings found the most compatible partners out of everyone I know, maybe because they didn't want to end up like them. Even though my parent's are not compatible I still love them, they have some very endearing qualities if you take some time to look for them.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

My Mom is very religious. ONce when I was 16, my folks were going out SAt. Night, so I invited a girl over. As soon as my folks left, we stripped and started screwing. My Mom forgot something and so back they came. We were scrambling to get our clothes back on, and the girl couldn't find her panties (leopard spotted), we didn't have time to look, so we got everything else on and went to the TV room. Mom and Dad wandered about the house getting whatever it was that they forgot, and just before they left again, my Dad came up to me and put something in my pocket, saying "don't tell your mother",. Yep it was the lost pair of knickers. My Dad was cool.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    All of my family is great. Supportive and there for me whenever I need them. I even have awesome in-laws, which is so great. I actually love them like blood. My grandparents are like an extra set of parents.

In fact, when I first moved back home at 19, I was completely on my own and they helped me out. I was working for minimum wage, had just broken up with my bf of five years, and was living in a ridiculously expensive apartment (rent is expensive in Vancouver). I got pneumonia and couldn't leave my house and had no one to look after me. I didn't get sick pay from work. When my grandparents found out, they came over, cooked for me, brought me medication, and gave me money to cover the time I was off work. I was so astounded by their concern.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

LOL Corona. My sister Juada and I are like that. She used to terrorize me, now we get along well.

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    BG,

you can be the first to start your own 'i don't appreciate my family' thread..
    I do appreciate my family. I appreciate it when they are over one side of the country and I am on the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast