View Poll Results: Should Obesity be considered a disability?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.50%
  • No

33 82.50%
  • I'm torn.

4 10.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obesity

Just obese? No.

The seriously psychological problems than can cause a person to become morbidly obese? Maybe.

As far as it being a self induced disability, do you all think we should deny ssdi and Medicaid to people who became disabled due to they own drunk driving, drug use or general stupidity.

See that's the thing. A lot of professionals say obesity is linked to psychological and mental health. Overeating is a disorder in itself.

overeating is maybe initially caused by a psychological disorder or trauma. but then people become addicted due to the purposely addictive ingredients and then it's a never ending cycle of self hatred and dumbing down and depression and the sole cause is the food itself
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Heratriumphant View Post

As far as it being a self induced disability, do you all think we should deny ssdi and Medicaid to people who became disabled due to they own drunk driving, drug use or general stupidity.
    Yes, after they have been offered ONE chance to clean up.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Nope. I don't think so. I think everyone deserves a chance for better health.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    fat, lazy people annoy me..those who let themselves get huge and dont do anything about it but still complain..and dress in unflattering leggings..ugh.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    horseshit... everyone is born with a set of legs for transportation, it's not for height advantages.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

^^these days it's getting difficult to safely walk anywhere with all the crazy drivers and no proper footpaths
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha.... that's another excuse. but the truth is, that too many people make up excuses so they don't have to exercise. if anyone really wanted to get in shape, they'd join the gym. OR if they can't afford it, they could drive to the nearest park and do some laps there. if there's a will, then there's a way.

raverboy

i always feel like whats the point if there is no purpose to the walk. when i lived in NYC i loved the fact that i could walk everywhere. i had a purpose to my walk. back and forth 4 miles a day to and from work, it was great but otherwise nope, walking to nowhere i feel like a rat in a cage
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 15-01-10 at 10:18 AM.

Not true. Some people are in pain and it's dangerous for them to exercise.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Not true. Some people are in pain and it's dangerous for them to exercise.
    there is also swimming which is less stressful on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i always feel like whats the point if there is no purpose to the walk. when i lived in NYC i loved the fact that i could walk everywhere. i had a purpose to my walk. back and forth 4 miles a day to and from work, it was great but otherwise nope, walking to nowhere i feel like a rat in a cage
    if there isn't a point to providing one's self with a better lifestyle and a healthier one, then why should we consider obesity a disability??

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    there is also swimming which is less stressful on the body.

if there isn't a point to providing one's self with a better lifestyle and a healthier one, then why should we consider obesity a disability??

raverboy
    i don't think we should.

we should demand proper access to bicycles and safe ways to walk and bike around. the set up at the moment is for cars. if we demand better access to good food in the supermarkets and ban shitty death trap food and get rid of diesel cars( which is linked to rise in lung cancer in non smokers) that would be a good start to solving this crisis

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ whoa whoa... c'mon, we can't even get good health care and you're asking the government to repave roads and reorganize the streets.... this is america where our lives depends on cars and polution.

wait, then again you're not in america...

raverboy

I try to reserve my disgust for people's actions, not their physical looks. A morbidly obese person could be a kind soul inside.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast