View Poll Results: Should Obesity be considered a disability?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.50%
  • No

33 82.50%
  • I'm torn.

4 10.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obesity

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    NO god damn way.

The obese person in question has too much control over this. There are so many things a person can do to help a weight problem.

Yes, there are special and extreme circumstance and those should be evaluated case by case. But I'm thinking the average fat lazy ass should not get a god damn penny of my money or extra benefits that come out of my taxes. Not until that person has exhausted all options to lose the weight.
    I totally agree. It's our own problem. Maybe there should be some more information on how to get rid of it or health programs (not just for fat people). I do not believe that giving money would solve the problem at all, actually I think it would make it worse because they feel less inclined to work, more people will become fat just for the money, while we actually want to get rid of of this "disease" (which I don't think it is).

I am overweight and I feel awful about it but taking the money from skinny people is not going to help besides I'm trying my best to get rid of all this extra fat, trust me.
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

If we put all the fat people in the country on hamster wheels... think of all the electricity that would generate.

actually dopple you have a point. lol. think of all the energy that could be saved if some energy saving technology was hooked up to all the gyms in the world!
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I gave my brother-in-law a book about small-town America for Christmas. The whole first chapter talks about how fat everyone in Iowa is. The guy's a great writer and I love his books, but all the women on his side of the family are pretty obese and it made me uncomfortable to read it. I hate getting into any kind of conversation about weight when there are fat people there, I always feel terrible.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I try to reserve my disgust for people's actions, not their physical looks. A morbidly obese person could be a kind soul inside.
    You are a compassionate soul, starbuck. I absolutely consider morbidly obese patients to be like any other psych patient, only much less likely to be obnoxious. It kind of sucks how little compassion people have for them.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    If we put all the fat people in the country on hamster wheels... think of all the electricity that would generate.
    would they even run to begin with??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    actually dopple you have a point. lol. think of all the energy that could be saved if some energy saving technology was hooked up to all the gyms in the world!
    Not a new idea, btw.

[url]http://www.technologyreview.com/Infotech/20177/?nlid=863&a=f[/url]

Obesity is a choice, just like smoking.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

actually cb it can't be that easily explained. it's way more complex that that.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

actually cb it can't be that easily explained. it's way more complex that that.
    You can argue genetics and what not, which may or may not be true to a degree, but the bottom line is that if you eat too much and don't exercise enough, you get fat.

Not every obese person has a medical condition that caused their obesity, that's all I am trying to say.

The Warmonger

well for one thing it's down to nutrition. people aren;t getting enough and its making them more hungry. you go to any store and there are thousands, if not millions of packets of microwavable convenience so called 'healthy' 'diet' food that actually makes people crave more food. diet sodas are also linked to obesity. it's not necessarily a choice coz some of these foods look great and healthy but are nutrient deficient and makes the person crave more of this nutrient deficient so called food. if they got the right nutrient dense food to begin with then obesity wouldn;t be a problem
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 17-01-10 at 01:15 AM.

well for one thing it's down to nutrition. people aren;t getting enough and its making them more hungry. you go to any store and there are thousands, if not millions of packets of microwavable convenience so called 'healthy' 'diet' food that actually makes people crave more food. diet sodas are also linked to obesity. it's not necessarily a choice coz some of these foods look great and healthy but are nutrient deficient and makes the person crave more of this nutrient deficient so called food. if they got the right nutrient dense food to begin with then obesity wouldn;t be a problem
    Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana have access to plenty of good food, they just eat fried chicken instead.

The Warmonger

There's a college here in WA that made fat people required to take a physical training/ weight loss class before they can graduate. It caused a HUGE uproar about equality (obviously because fat people only rely on emotions).

We already know how obese the American country has became and one school tries to do something about it and its going to be torn apart because fat asses will do anything to get out of exercising.

I thought it was a brilliant idea. I wish more schools and work places followed suit, then I wouldn't have to stare and smell at fat people oozing around on those electric carts everyday...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*cking funniest things i heard yesterday. so there was an annual meeting in switzerland for this weight lose club.. anyways. they always meet at that one particular building, on the second level of a two story building. yesterday, due to some sorta stranger reason, the building's support gave away.... under it were sewage lines, that also were past it's breaking point and also lost it's structural support.

now the reason that was given wasn't due to immense pressure, but you can kinda figure that one out for yourselves.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

XD hilarious!

Im surprised they made it to the second story..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast