View Poll Results: Should Obesity be considered a disability?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 7.50%
  • No

33 82.50%
  • I'm torn.

4 10.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obesity

Obesity

How do you feel about obesity possibly becoming a disability?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depending on the extent, it already IS a disability.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

haha fat!!

I mean, do you feel people who are obese should receive the benefits. Social Security, Disability Checks and such.

No, and they shouldn't get special parking, either.
    Spammer Spanker

hell no. wtf?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    They already GET those things - not because of their obesity, but because of all the other problems their obesity causes, such as respiratory distress, diabetes --> amputations, complete immobility, etc. (I am talking primarily about the morbidly obese.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

in some ways it's not their fault. the right food is not as available as the shit food. the shit food also costs less and has addictive ingredients and therefore contributes to the growing problem. people need to get educated on the bullshit corporate food and what it does to the body and shown the benefits of good food. there is little or no education out there and it's absolutely shameful of each and every country and their politicians. their pockets are lined to stay quiet. fck sure look obama has employed a woman who worked/works for burger king to head up a nutritional study...now where do you think her loyalties lie....hmm. it's all about the money in the end not about people's wellbeing. do you realise that the food you eat from the local supermarket causes cancer, depression and many other mad and unusual diseases. only the studies out there are usually not funded independantly to give a full and complete picture. anyway education is the key and the responsibility of your elected politicians. obesity is a problem but it's not always the people's fault. it's simply down to their ignorance and of course the food is making them dumb too.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 15-01-10 at 07:18 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

But for just being OBESE, no... they do not get benefits. If they develop another issue because of their obesity then duh of course they compensated. There are lot programs with benefits, even programs through the government that actually say... "Obesity isn't an eligible disability to qualify for benefits".

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NO god damn way.

The obese person in question has too much control over this. There are so many things a person can do to help a weight problem.

Yes, there are special and extreme circumstance and those should be evaluated case by case. But I'm thinking the average fat lazy ass should not get a god damn penny of my money or extra benefits that come out of my taxes. Not until that person has exhausted all options to lose the weight.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    NO god damn way.

The obese person in question has too much control over this. There are so many things a person can do to help a weight problem.

Yes, there are special and extreme circumstance and those should be evaluated case by case. But I'm thinking the average fat lazy ass should not get a god damn penny of my money or extra benefits that come out of my taxes. Not until that person has exhausted all options to lose the weight.
    Especially you guys.

You guys get taxed as f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    NO god damn way.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Only in America would a question like arise.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ugh, fat people annoy me
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    ugh, fat people annoy me
    why? fat ppl are supposed to be jolly.

Stick with the thread topic please.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast