+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it creepy to.....

Is it creepy to.....

....facebook friend request this girl I met at the bank today who was flirting with me? I remembered her name and found her on facebook. We've got 4 mutual friends. I've also got several pictures on my facebook with one of those mutual friends, and that mutual friend's boyfriend, who is one of my best friends

Is that creepy or weird? She was totally flirting with me, and I of course, was flirting back

Creepiness is not about what you do but how you do it.

You guys hit it off well so I don't see much harm in friending her.

duuuuude, how many times do I have to tell people here to stop mixing your dating life with the internet?

I dunno how old the OP is but there's nothing really wrong with FB cuz it's so commonly used.

As long you plan to bring the relationship into the real world asap, I don't see what's wrong with using FB to achieve that.

there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Facebook. The problem lies in adding girls you like too soon. Sure it may seem harmless and fun now but your information is out there for the public to see, which takes a lot of the excitement and mystery out of getting to know someone over many dates.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    duuuuude, how many times do I have to tell people here to stop mixing your dating life with the internet?
    I don't understand....its facebook.

I could go the other route and get the mutual friend to "hook us up" but thats akward and bank chick would HAVE to know something was up.

here's what I predict will happen:

- he will start messaging her on facebook
    - she will show a slight interest at the beginning
    - then she will get bored and start ignoring him
    - he will keep messaging her which will push her further away
    - he will meet some new girl and talk to her online
    - repeat

there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Facebook. The problem lies in adding girls you like too soon. Sure it may seem harmless and fun now but your information is out there for the public to see, which takes a lot of the excitement and mystery out of getting to know someone over many dates.
    That makes sense. Facebook is not a dating site, and I would be using it to get my foot in the door, for a date. The other way would be for me to tell our mutual friend, "hey invite your friend out friday night" and once she's out it'll be like "heyy you're the guy from the bank"

Althought, THAT option seems creepy to me.

- repeat

Then your argument concerns the inadequacy of his skills to get a girl and not the medium used.

Dogtoast says:

"I could go the other route and get the mutual friend to "hook us up" but thats akward and bank chick would HAVE to know something was up."

or you could be a man and invite her out in person. Seriously, when did social skills become a lost art?

- repeat
    You know what.... you're right. Thats how online dating, for example, has gone for me...same sh*t. We message back and forth online, exchange numbers, text and talk on the phone, and then it seems to drop off. Whether I drop the ball....or they do.

Dogtoast says:

"I could go the other route and get the mutual friend to "hook us up" but thats akward and bank chick would HAVE to know something was up."

or you could be a man and invite her out in person. Seriously, when did social skills become a lost art?
    Well I happened to have closed my accounts at that particular bank today, so I have no reason to go back, other than to ask her out, and in front of her coworkers?!

THAT would be a bit much.

Sanctuary says:

"Then your argument concerns the inadequacy of his skills to get a girl and not the medium used."

no, read my post before that. Mixing your dating life with the internet removes a lot of the excitement and mystery of getting to know someone. If you're interested in someone, would you rather get to know them on a date or through a computer monitor?

Dogtoast says:

"Well I happened to have closed my accounts at that particular bank today, so I have no reason to go back, other than to ask her out, and in front of her coworkers?!

THAT would be a bit much."

no, that would show that you have confidence which is the biggest turn on for a girl.

imagine the situation was reversed. Which would you prefer: a girl who is too shy to approach you or a girl who is secure with herself and asks you out in person?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    no, read my post before that. Mixing your dating life with the internet removes a lot of the excitement and mystery of getting to know someone. If you're interested in someone, would you rather get to know them on a date or through a computer monitor?
    They met in person to begin with. And I never advocated that they start flirting online. In fact, I'm absolutely against that. You should keep online communication to a minimum after you make your introductions. I only meant that it can be used as a tool to connect with her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast