+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it time to move on?

Is it time to move on?

Hello, I'm a 19 year old male. I've been dating my girlfriend who is 18, since our senior year in High school, so, it's been about 10 months now. At the beginning of our relationship (first 5-8 months) things seemed so differently. She was always asking to hang out, always wanted to be with me, etc. We would also always talk about how we were so much more mature than everyone else, saying how we were "so much more" than a high school relationship. We recently took a week break from each other. She ended up hurting her hand, and I took her to the E.R. and spent the entire day with her, taking amazing care of her (as usual).

Lately, it's been like I've been giving it my all, and she just goes with it, never really putting effort in to it though.. For instance, she always used to come over to my house and we would watch movies, hang out, just have fun.. Now she will come over like once or maybe twice a month.. Also, we just talked on the phone a few days ago, she said we were spending too much time together and we were right back to were we started before our break... She also said we were just a high school relationship.. I feel so much differently though, I think we both know each other so well, and it's an insult to classify our relationship as that.

Half the time, I feel like we still love each other.. But, I am also getting fed up with not being treated the way I feel I should be.. I literally give this girl my all 100% of the time, putting her before everything in my life, and it seems like I'm just an option for her...

I guess I just want some advice from everyone, should I give it some more time? Should I respectfully end it? I dont know, I just feel like how could someone you have been so close to in the past 10 months slowly become so different?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Unfortunately, this is all a part of the growing up process, and incidentally, it is also why so many young people who get married end up divorced.

You are both at a stage in your life where a tremendous amount of emotional growth is happening, and it is normal for two people who really cared about one another to end up growing in different directions. That doesn't make either of you "bad"; you just aren't a match.

It sounds like your girl is moving away from you, and you are smart to see it. And yes, you SHOULD have a girl who is more interested in spending time together.

I won't tell you if it is the right time to break up (that's for you to decide), but I will tell you that it is always a good thing to know when to call it quits.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNAfTowygA"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

You're not alone.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I think I'm going to give it a little bit more time just to see if we can grow together, instead of apart. This girl still means the world to me..