+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there something wrong with me?

Is there something wrong with me?

I'm sure most of you probably have something better to do than read my pathetic life story on here so I understand if I don't get many replies. However, any responses would be hugely appreciated and would really help me sort out the mess I feel I am in at the moment.

I'm 19, almost 20, British Indian (my parents are from India but I was born and brought up in London), and I have never had a girlfriend. Since I was about four or five I was always at least somewhat interested in the opposite sex - something that my friends at such a young age couldn't understand.

Today, I'm at an Arts university in London, currently staying at student halls (rented accommodation - I think Americans call it 'dorms' or something) and every day and night I feel quite alone. I mean, I have a lot of friends, some of which are girls, but none of which have probably even thought of me as being boyfriend material.

I don't really know how to flirt. I've only kissed 3 girls (one of which was very desperate and drunk, the other two were drunk as well - I was drunk too, I wasn't taking advantage or anything sinister like that).

Embarrassingly, I don't even know if I've ever had sex before. Without getting graphic, I once was with a girl and in her bed but I was hesitant about having sex because she was a girlfriend of a friend. I know, I sound like a horrible c*nt, don't I? I was just so terribly desperate and upset at my life that I was willing to do anything. However she was on top of me and I couldn't actually feel whether I was 'inside her' or not. So I may or not be a virgin and I guess I'll never know.

I also feel at times like I am in love with a gorgeous, sweet good friend of mine in my halls. However she has a complicated past and is not interested in me... as far as I know. I don't know whether to ask her or not as it could possibly ruin our friendship and my friendship with the people I met through her.

I don't think I'm particularly unattractive. Many people from both sexes have told me that I am good looking but I never seem to find any girl single and my age who agrees. I think that I may high standards, too high for myself, but I can't control the way I think.

I don't know how to speak seductively or flirtatiously with a girl or how to start conversations easily with strangers. I feel that if I don't do something about this now then I'm going to be alone forever.

Sorry about this ridiculously long post, I do hope someone has read this.

Thank you so much, your response would mean the world to me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey! Chin up - you are at university! There should be lots of available girls for you.

The thing you need to do is to put yourself in a position where the girls will want/need you. The best place for this is at a dance class.... ballroom, latin, whatever! There is always a shortage of males, and you will always be in demand (unless you are dangerous on the dance floor).

Too bad about the virginity thing... I don't know how it's possible to not feel anything, so my guess is that you didn't do it, but I'm not male so I don't know for sure.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?