+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cigarette Smokers

Cigarette Smokers

Is smoking a big turn off for girls? I'm 20 y.o and get through about ten a day. Would you consider not kissing or dating a guy because he smokes?

Yup. That's a dealbreaker for me.
    Spammer Spanker

I've kissed smokers, though I think it's gross. Not sure how I'd feel about having anything long-term with a guy who did that to himself. And it does taste nasty.

No Smokers for me. My men need to be drug and tobacco free.
    Smoking for girls is kind of ew too. Blah!

long time ago when i didn't care about my body or health i used to smoke. i got sick and gave it up and then completely changed my life around. to this day i regret the day i ever started. i have managed to stay free of them and tbh it has been very easy to. its about whether one really wants to or not. i wanted a better life. i can never be with a smoker for this reason. even tho i'm determined i just don't want to faced with someone i could maybe care about who does smoke so for me it is a dealbreaker.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Smoking is a dealbreaker.

smoking kind of has its peak in high school and peer pressure, then luls a bit come college depending on your crowd. At my age (late 20's) everyone I know has either quit or is trying to quit because no one else smokes anymore.

As for dating you're going to have better luck with someone that also smokes. Not every person cares if their partner smokes, but most do.

EDIT: As someone who quit smoking cold turkey years ago don't bother trying to quit unless you really want to. You know if you really do, otherwise it's a waste of time because you'll be back to it in like 4 months. Do it for you, not for something superficial like making yourself more attractive, because smoking as an attractive trait is going to depend person to person.

What if I smoke very irregularly? My habit is to buy a pack and smoke that over the course of a week, and then cease smoking for a month or two. I think I'll cease buying them at all, now, because I want to get back into weightlifting, but I have a lot of friends who smoke, so occasionally they will offer me a cigarette and I'll accept it as a social activity. I would definitely get bored of smoking very quickly if I smoked ten cigarettes a day.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    What if I smoke very irregularly? My habit is to buy a pack and smoke that over the course of a week, and then cease smoking for a month or two. I think I'll cease buying them at all, now, because I want to get back into weightlifting, but I have a lot of friends who smoke, so occasionally they will offer me a cigarette and I'll accept it as a social activity. I would definitely get bored of smoking very quickly if I smoked ten cigarettes a day.
    Consider yourself in the minority here, not a lot of smokers have the ability to just "not care" about it and not truly get addicted. As for the gym and stuff I have friends that go to the gym and still smoke, it can be done. I'd still quit though because if you do it socially then you're presumably doing it to fit in and be cool with whomever at the time. Grab a beer or have some gum instead... you really don't' need to be smoking if you're not addicted. It hurts your chances more than helps for sure.

My friends won't criticize me if I don't want to smoke with them. I do sometimes decline, and they're mostly just sad because they see it as a form of bonding.

Shouldn't beer be worse, though? Smoking is bad for your lungs, but alcohol damages a wider variety of organs. The damage it does to the brain is particularly regrettable, I think.

ehhh potato potAto... I think you got what I was trying to say

from my point of view, me being a guy, i really think its a big turn off if a girl smokes..its gross..like kissing an ash try. not very appealing

If she smokes, she pokes. But for guys - you just smell bad - lol.