+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Emergency Contact?

Emergency Contact?

So..I went out to dinner last night with the same quy whose sexuality I was questioning in the "could he be gay" thread. It was our third date. I was having a good time until he brought up the fact that earlier in the day when he was filling out some paperwork for a program at his gym he had put me down as his emergency contact.

Did I mention this was our third date? We have not even had sex yet. We have talked on the phone several times between dates, but I don't feel like we are anywhere remotely near the emergency contact person commitment stage. What if something happens to him? I don't even know his mother's name, but I am going to call her and tell her that her son is dead?

I see this as a huge red flag. My friends tell me that I am overreacting and should give him a second chance. Am I strange to think that he is a nutcase for doing this?

it's gotta be a joke
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Hmmm.....that's really weird. I would say that's a red flag....but then again maybe there is some sort of explanation? Just ask him why he did that, it couldn't hurt.

I did. He said he could already tell that I was the kind of responsible and caring person that someone would want by their side in the event of an emergency.

Which is a lovely compliment...but really?

I thought about it being a joke. So far from what I have seen of him he hasn't seemed like a prankster, but one of the mutual friends that introduced us is always pulling practical jokes. He could have talked him into doing this as a prank on me?

It seems like poor judgement to not have told me by the end of the date that he was joking however.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jeeez, its got to be a prank...got to be.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

well though its your personal life..still I would say/..give him another chance..

I mean, its at a gym, sooooo is it that big of a deal? Yeah its kinda strange, but I think its he's weird way of showing you that he feels a connection with you.

He should have asked you first and you should tell him that.

See how he reacts to your feeling uncomfortable about this.

That's very presumptuous. Definite red flag behavior.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.