+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having All Male Friends

Having All Male Friends

I know a lot women that have mostly guy friends. Why do you suppose that is? Some are even oddly proud of the fact. My own personal theory is a lot of those girls can't get real friends for whatever reason, but groups of guys will happily hang around hoping for a hookup.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

i agree with you. guys are cool. i have two guy roommates right now. it's awesome to hang with them but certainly not all the time. i get sick of hanging with a bunch of guys sometimes. i need some estrogen around you know?

i think your theory is correct for the most part.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the women who feel this way often have a greater than average need for male attention, and don't like competition.

The thing I DO like better about males is their toys. Hot wheels, legos, and GI Joes are WAY cooler than the stupid fake vaccum cleaner.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The excuse I always here, is "girls are tooo messy". This trend started when I was started college. All too often I notice that these girls with no female friends are often pretty good looking and completely oblivious to the fact that the reason so many guys hang with them is because they're hoping to hook up with them at some point.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, they aren't oblivious. Trust me. They know EXACTLY what they are doing.

But you know? The messiness is really an issue. I never realized how filthy (and I mean cleanliness-wise) some women are until I started taking care of them as patients. Males in general are much neater.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I've always loved Chris Rock's stand up line that goes somethign like:

"See if a man likes his friends girl he says, DAMN where can I find a woman like that? When a woman likes her girlfriends man they think, DAMN I want that one!"

Women hate other women, they're always two faced and conceited to each other for the most part, and when it comes to guys they get ferociously territorial. All the girls I've ever known prefer guy friends to female friends, except for the super bubbly ones that guys would not really want to hang out with other than to try and get laid with.

Just my experience - could be the women I'm attracted to that have this sort of preference with who they befriend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWizard View Post
    Women hate other women, they're always two faced and conceited to each other for the most part, and when it comes to guys they get ferociously territorial.
    Um, not true. There are some of us out there that love our women friends and have amazing friendships with them.

Sorry you're subjected to such bitchy women.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I also agree with Vash that guys have better toys.

Sometimes I'd much rather play video games with a bunch of guys than go shopping with a bunch of women.

I still love my girlfriends to death though.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    Um, not true. There are some of us out there that love our women friends and have amazing friendships with them.

Sorry you're subjected to such bitchy women.
    I suppose I could call it a lifestyle quirk, just my experience!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Most of my friends are male, i just get on better with them than most women..though my closest friends are female.

I dont think its because they see the chance of getting some, but more that ive known them since school, most of them have girlfriends, and i just have more in common with them than many women. My sense of humour doesnt go down too well when making new friends with women.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    Most of my friends are male, i just get on better with them than most women..though my closest friends are female.

I dont think its because they see the chance of getting some, but more that ive known them since school, most of them have girlfriends, and i just have more in common with them than many women. My sense of humour doesnt go down too well when making new friends with women.

I'm the same. I've had the same group of close guy friends
    for about 8 years now and I tend to find men generally more fun to be around. Sure, some of them probably find me attractive, but most of them have girlfriends and I guess because we've all been friends for so long I trust that there is more to it than them attempting to get into my pants.

I do have a handful of very close female friends as well, but spend most of my social time with my group of guy friends.

Also, I don't consider myself in constant need of male attention!!

I've always gotten along with my male friends better. Ever since I was in grade school. The girls were always catty toward me. I was in a few really manipulative friendships with girls. Eventually we grew apart and I realized that I didn't want to be around emotionally volatile girls anymore.

I used to be a little more tomboyish. I worked in a hardware store through high school and college, and learned to joke around with the guys, and learned to take their shit. As I exited college, I became less of a tomboy and more womanly. I had one or two very close girlfriends and that was it. Most of my friends were boys. They were easier to talk to. They didn't obsess over things like fashion and makeup. I didn't care about that stuff.

To this day, I still have a much easier time associating men. Is part of that because I'm good looking? Probably. Do they think they have a chance of hooking up with me? I dunno. Most of the guys I end up becoming friends with never try. I make sure to keep the men I am romantically attracted to and those I only feel platonic feelings for in very different categories. I love all my friends, but my man is the priority.

The competition between women, and how they talk about each other all the time can really turn off alot of girls to hanging out with other guys. Guys it's a little more laid back as we don't sit there and piss and moan about what other guys are wearing and things that are seemingly meaningless (stuff that is all over Us Weekly, People etc.).

Alot of girls I've known and dated that had many guy friends secretly wished they had more girlfriends though.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Yeah, I really treasure my girl bonding time. I do wish I had more women I could bond with over the things I find fulfilling. I find that most women either aren't capable of deeper conversation, or just don't want to talk about literature or film. I'm not interested in Cosmo, or Coach bags, or People magazine.

I also find that more and more women are similarly stand-offish. As we get older we get more guarded around other women due to the poisonous relationships we may have had with them in our younger years. I try to be as open and inviting as possible though.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's always a red-flag for me when a girl has only male friends. And they say stuff, like 'I don't get on well with other women."

I find women that have lots of girlfriends tend to be pretty secure and just a lot of fun.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast