+ Follow This Topic

Thread: We talked, now what's next?

We talked, now what's next?

So I received a text tonight saying "hey, let me know when you're free so I can come and pick up my stuff..." we texted back and forth about when we were free etc. and finally decided to meet up at her dorms...

So we met up, said hello to each other and started it off casual. We talked about school etc. and how are lives are doing (she got her belly button pierced etc.) Then we got to the relationship... She told me that she missed the person that she once first met, and just isn't feeling it anymore. We did argue a WHOLE LOT during our relationship and that did get to her. She also doesn't see where I'm going in the future since I've been kind of a slacker. (which I admit I have been in school and stuff...). We did have a lot of problems in our relationship and I did agree with her that breaking up was for the best for us. Hopefully the time away from her will help me improve myself FOR MYSELF, and I'll revert to the person I had once been. She also told me that it's not like she's cutting me out of her life. She said that I could call her anytime about anything (problems etc.). Then, I asked her if she would be open to the possibility of us going out to catch up on ourselves, and she said yeah. I could call her anytime to grab a bite to eat and to talk etc.

We said our goodbyes and gave each other our stuff. I had a big box of stuff that reminded me of her, and she just had a suitcase for me. She told me that she was gonna keep most of the stuff I gave her (I agreed because what would I do with a bunch of women's things?), hugged, and we said our goodbyes.

I have to admit that I was pretty emotional (which I shouldn't have been). I cried for about a minute. She had tears in her eyes too, but didn't cry. It did end on a good note, which I was hoping for. I bought a journal and I'm not starting to write in it. I plan to put down my goals, faults, and daily thoughts to help myself. I have to be honest that I'm still in love with her and hopefully I'll get over this. I do still want her back.

Should I initiate LC or NC?
    Any suggestions for reconciliation?
    What should be my next steps?

NC is the way to go at this situation, talking to her would not help you move on...i know its hard to imagine life without her right now but like you said you have to do what you have to do.

I know your break up was mutual but you have to ask yourself that when everything is all said and done, like you said improving yourself do you want her back? your going to make a decision about that, i know when my x dumped me i made sure there was no going back, and i never looked back, it made my moving on stage a lil better knowing the fact that each day is a new day and im moving forward.

your next step should be just taking care of you, go get a new hobby, hang out with your friends and family, and improve yourself, your going to have to remember and be that person you were before you and her met and realize that your still that person.