+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this Valentine's day idea romantic, cheesy/bad, or a good start but needs work?

Is this Valentine's day idea romantic, cheesy/bad, or a good start but needs work?

Ok I worked with this girl for 3 years and wed always joke around valentines day how much we hate it. I was really considering asking her out, but a few times she mentioned around me how shes a year older and doesnt like younger men. I just quit this job for a new one and was thinkin about asking her out by sending a text that says this.

I remember last year how you said you hate Valentines Day. saturday night/early sunday at 1230 in the morning im gonna be at the <where we worked> parking lot for 20 mins. I really hope you come so I can give you a valentines day kiss, but do NOT come if

-you wanna talk about being friends, and call me your "little sweety". maturity isnt measured by age
    -you think the 1 year between us is a big difference, it isnt
    -you want to go out with somebody that fuels relationships by drama, I dont want that

If you dont come i hope the rest of your life is amazing. I promise i wont bother you again.

thoughts? Shes 23, im 22, so to women: when you were 23 would you have thought this was a cute idea? Any revisions i should make to my message?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do NOT send that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Give you a valentine's kiss before you successfully woo her? I don't think so. Telling her that you don't want a person that fuels drama aka telling her your qualifications for a girlfriend before she even wants to go out with you, makes you sound arrogant.

I personally think a year apart isn't really a difference at all. It could be just a lame excuse to reject you. My advice is for you to forget her and ask out another girl or if you really like her, you can try sending her a valentines card telling her you think she's cute and ask her out on a date again.
    Last edited by lastwish; 17-01-10 at 05:59 AM.

i wouldn't send that. If u like her and she considers u just a friend so far then for Vday just ask her out as a friend but plan something romantic and let her see you for the more than a friend type of guy you are for herself.

it was sorta ok at the beginning but then you totally got screwed up on the last part. look don't complicate things, send her a text saying you remember that she said V day was a joke but that maybe if she's up for it you both could hang out. then when she accepts call her and actually speak with her to confirm verbally and make it clear it's a proper date in as charming a way as possible .
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------