+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Looking at breaking up possibly, need some insight.

Looking at breaking up possibly, need some insight.

Also so I've been with my girlfriend for about 3 months and I'm crazy about her, but she isn't nearly as into me. We shared 1 class together last term, how we met and hooked up, and now we sit together in 2 classes this term. She plays mind games like nobody's business, always teasing me about our relationship. Last night over IM we were talking about living arrangements, and she knows I'm actively looking for an apartment. Well, she jokingly said "Hey get a 2 bedroom and I dib the other room." I knew she was joking so I said "Oh you would live with me, huh?" and of course she said no, to which I replied "Haha, didn't think so." After she started talking about what might happen we be broke up, and I didn't think much of it, and was like... well sure, thats possible. As if really asking she said "you agree?" And I was like... "Well yeah, I mean I don't think we're going to break up, but anything is possible."

Thats when things got weird and depressing. She told me not to be so confident, to keep in mind she wasn't in love with me, and nothing I do could make her fall in love with her. In her own words "If it happens it will happen on it's own although I'm sure you know this."

I tell her sometimes before bed that I love her, because I do. I say sometimes because it pisses her off when I say it, and she goes into a tizzy about what love is/isn't and how much I don't know about love. I've set her straight about it before. I have been in love. I know what it is, but it... she is pushing my buttons. I love her but if this isn't going to work... I need to burry my head in the sand and just forget about her now. I don't want to be led on only to be told that I've been in love with nothing. Most of my friends tell me to break it off, but... If she is acting, she should be in hollywood. Sometimes I am convinced that she does love me, but it's difficult. Is this too much trouble? How can I deal with her after I break up with her? I see her EVERY god damned day and I sit next to her. I'm so lost.

it sounds like you are both opposites. sometimes it does work but it takes a lot of work. you both sound young. go with the flow and maybe hold back on the 'i love you's for a while. she obviously doesn't appreciate them and in fairness to her it's hard for most people to believe that a person loves them after 3 months. take it a bit slower. i don't think you need to necessarily break up over this unless you feel you can't take her comments anymore? you're still in the very early stages of the relationship and she is pointing out to you how serious you are getting. take it easy, there is no rush.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I don't think you are really being led on if she is adamantly defending how much she doesn't love you. I think it's arrogant on her part to think she knows so much about it and rubbing in your face with this matter of factly swagger of hers. It does however sound like she isn't keeping an open mind to the idea of love and while not everybody falls in love right away, if she is really against it there isn't really anything you can do to change her mind. I'm telling you this because every relationship I've been in I've always been the one that wasn't in love and it was something I did to protect myself from being hurt. The woman always fell in love with me and I would tell them that I wasn't but I would try to let it develop. And it never did.

This relationship is dead on arrival. No point in putting in more effort towards this if she is just ****ing with you. One day it'll happen to her and she'll change her tune. Until then, I don't think you want yourself to be setting up for more hurt and pain the longer you do this.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

it's only been 3 months for goodness sake, give it time.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Ahh I missed the three month part. Maybe you are taking it a little bit fast. Still, I don't think she is being sensitive your feelings with all these comments and jokes pushing your buttons. It may be her personality but it screams immaturity to me.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.