+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i don't see how anyone could hang for more than a day. unless you're hanging in the desert where there isn't a drop of water.. one day is more than enough for a full recovery.

raverboy
    I had a two day hangover once. I was in Sweden, they drink some pretty ridiculous alcohol that they fill with spices and all this other weird stuff, I felt so sick in the middle of the day, then got sick again later that night, ended up throwing up, spent the entire next day in a battle with my intestines, threw up several times more and did nothing, then the day after that spent most of the day until about 6 o'clock feeling sick & ****ed up.

Its definitely possible.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

& thats enough moping around, off to the gym, i drank way too much alcohol last night
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

orange Gatorade and saltine crackers are my favorite cure.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, hair of the dog works. Its not alcohol withdrawl, tho. Its thought to be either partially broken down alcohol or dehydration (which could be related) that makes you feel ill. Supposedly, the alcohol competes with the partially broken down products, which then get flushed out by your kidneys, which it couldn't do the night before b/c the concentration was too high.

Keep in mind this could be bullshit, there's no hard data for any of this (that I know of), but it sounds plausible. And the beer/bloody mary the morning after really does work, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i don't see how anyone could hang for more than a day. unless you're hanging in the desert where there isn't a drop of water.. one day is more than enough for a full recovery.

raverboy
    exactly my point! that's why i am so worried! I even called my boss that i am gonna go see a doctor and get my liver checked out.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dig, when I was young and dumb I drank an entire mickey of schnapps & felt ill for 3 days.

First and last time I drank like that. You are probably fine, still doesn't hurt to get checked out. But don't worry, chances are you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, hair of the dog works. Its not alcohol withdrawl, tho. Its thought to be either partially broken down alcohol or dehydration (which could be related) that makes you feel ill. Supposedly, the alcohol competes with the partially broken down products, which then get flushed out by your kidneys, which it couldn't do the night before b/c the concentration was too high.

Keep in mind this could be bullshit, there's no hard data for any of this (that I know of), but it sounds plausible. And the beer/bloody mary the morning after really does work, somehow.
    the thing is...i am not nauseaus at all, didn't puke either. it's just the freaking headaches that are killing me. and i usually don't drink 40% vodka, only 25%. this time however I forgot to bring my own so the real vodka hit me hard.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Dig, when I was young and dumb I drank an entire mickey of schnapps & felt ill for 3 days.

First and last time I drank like that. You are probably fine, still doesn't hurt to get checked out. But don't worry, chances are you are fine.
    but i didn't even feel drunk at that time or the morning after, i even drove myself home (bad girl, i should never do that again)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    the thing is...i am not nauseaus at all, didn't puke either. it's just the freaking headaches that are killing me. and i usually don't drink 40% vodka, only 25%. this time however I forgot to bring my own so the real vodka hit me hard.
    That I dunno. The one time I was badly hungover, I was talking to Australia for close to 24 hours and miserable for another 2 days after that. Of course, everyone is different. Headaches have never been my problem.

I read that hangovers make people feel depressed. I actually am feeling kinda happy through my headaches. just sitting here singing russian songs from the 70s and older

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe it isn't a hangover, but rather a regular migraine.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Amber moon, with hot sauce.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The ER nurses and EMTs just start up IVs running normal saline and thiamine before they go to bed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well Vash, most of us don't have access to all of this sophisticated medical equipment, and just have to make do with home remedies.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been told one can actually buy it all via internet...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast