+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dream girl - literally

dream girl - literally

ok, I had a dream about a week back about random stuff, as usual, but this dream featured a girl that I knew about 10 years ago as my "gf". I have no idea why my brain randomly thought of her or why it did it after all these years. I never had much contact with this girl back then, except the rare convo or two. Didn't have a crush or any feelings, she was just there. Now, I can't stop thinking about her because I can't figure out why I did to begin with! I don't know if anyone here is a big dream person and likes to interpret what dreams mean or something, but I'd like to hear peoples thoughts as to why my subconscious decided I needed to remember this girl.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    erm, it means you dreamt about a girl you knew years ago. I wouldnt read anything in to it.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. - freud

Agreed, I dream about random people from my past all the time, and I'm pretty sure it means nothing. But maybe look her up on facebook or something? There's a very slight chance it could mean something.

Right I am adding my 2 cents here but please do not laugh at me people.

I don't think the identity of the girl here is important as she did not play a significant part in your life.
    But she belongs to your past and as such she MIGHT be expressing a desire to remain in the past or a refusal to go forward in your life.
    Have you recently had to make an important change or decision in your life? Or are you torn between 2 directions right now?

This is all I can think about...

all good points. I'm not working, so until schools starts I got nothing but time to read too much into things and post about random stuff and forums. as for the looking her up on facebook or something, what am I supposed to say? hi remember me? I had a dream about you, bye lol. as for the whole refusing to leave the past or something, I don't think thats the case. I'm having trouble paying for school, so maybe that could be translated as difficulties moving forward?

Dude, I have people from high school that I haven't talked to in ages add me all the time on facebook, its not that weird. I kinda believe in supernatural, psychic things, and they say that sometimes these kinda dreams are a sort of sign. She might have been thinking about you too. Or maybe she wanted you back in the day and you never knew? Or its just random. No sense in not investigating it tho, might as well?

Have you actually wronged this person in the past?

Sometimes if you're thinking about past regrets, you start dreaming about things of the past. For instance, when I regret about some of the things I did when I was in high school, I sometimes dream about being back in high school. It's nothing weird or anything, but maybe, you sub-consciously wish that she really was your girlfriend.

If that is the case, maybe you should track her down and talk to her. Nothing sexual, but just as two former schoolmates catching up. Who knows..maybe your dream may actually come true and you will be bf and gf.

no I have no recollection of wronging her or anything. every once in a while I'll have dreams of being back in high school, but there's never been anything with her in it (didn't actually go to high school with her, it was middle school-6-8th grade). but, I don't know, I guess I'm going to have to think on it some more and hopefully get more input from you guys