+ Follow This Topic

Thread: thoughts

thoughts

this is a kind of weird situation, but any thoughts would be appreacted. so i started seeing this girl, just over a month ago. everything is going great, we get along awsome, never even had an arguement or anything. then one day she is acting very different, being super quiet, just not being herself. i knew she had something to tell me but i just let it go untill finally she said she had someting to tell me. so she tells me she is pregnant so we talk about it for a wile and she decides abortion is not an option. my main concern was weather i was the father of this child or not. so after some ultrasounds and stuff it worked out that the date of conception was before i even knew her. since she found that out i have not seen her. we talked through text messages and stuff, but its like she dosent want to talk to me, and we got along so great before, obously this is super stressfull for her. anyways i told her that i am not looking at her any differently then before this all happened and that i would like to contunie seeing her, and asked if she felt the same and she replied back "i really dont know what i want right now, i just need some time, im sorry." so i have not tried to contact her since, am i handling this right, should i wait? any positive input would be greatly apprecated, thank you!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is a month really long enough for you to say I want to be the baby's daddy? Do you realize what continuing to see her really entails?

Basically I don't think you should wait for her. Making the committment to be there for her as a partner while she births another mans baby is a huuuuge deal. And to be frank I don't think the relationship is strong enough.

obously this is super stressfull for her
    I don't think you're putting enough emphasis on the amount of stress she's got resting on her shoulders right now. I wouldn't expect ANYTHING from this girl right now. In fact, you being around in anyway is going to add to her stress. For her (and you) you should completely back off. She'll contact you if she wants you around.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

yeah i guess your right shheadz, so you think i should just not try to communciate with her at all in any way then? and like you said maybe she will call me one day if shes ready?

Yeah man, you gotta let this one go. Maybe she'll come back to you some day but I wouldnt hold my breahe. It sucks for you, but you have to realize how much of an impact this baby is going to have on HER. Giver her some space, lots of space.

The girl you knew is basically gone. Becoming a mother is a life and personality altering experience like nothing else.

Let her know your still around, but give her space. She's basically in the process of remaking her entire world right now.