+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: am i an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    That's not an age gap. It's an age blip. It's so small it's almost meaningless. Are you seriously telling us that you blew this guy off because he was in fourth grade when you were in fifth grade?

YOU should ask HIM out to dinner, and pay for it.
    Well said. Somebody PM me on how to multi quote, I totally missed the boat on that one.

He is into you so he will respond trust me. So if you want to give him a shot, do it!
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

i dont think he will unless i ask him out at this point...which ive never done before. And i dont even know if he still likes me.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He did de-friend you on facebook... if that doesn't mean "I'm not interested" I don't know what does...

wow 1 year o.O are you kidding me? XD
    if it was like 15 yeah maybe you should reconsider but 1 year difference???! seriously? Get over yourself XD
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

well i sent him a text...its been an hour but he hasnt responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Becks87 View Post
    well i sent him a text...its been an hour but he hasnt responded.
    You'll have to wait a lot longer than 1 hour i'm sure that much.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    A text? Come on, you refused to date him for being 'too shy' (and equating it with immature), and you can't even dial his phone number? You don't see a little hypocrisy here? I'm sure he does.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

look, he asked you out. You said no. Its up to you now to get in contact with him. None of this text crap/facebook message crap. You have to ask HIM out, and seem like the nice girl he saw in you.

Perhaps you arent the girl he saw? Maybe you only seemed to have goals, and wittiness around him? If thats the case....then he was probably making you feel good about yourself. Man i dont see why you would run from this guy like this in the first place. Be the 23 year old you are and ask him out....he already showed enough guts to ask you. The ball is in your court now.

well....no response yet....but im still hoping.

Good luck lol. It seems a little screwy but I'm sure if you talk to him in person instead of text, you'll have a better shot.
    Last edited by 1337lizard; 01-02-10 at 11:32 AM. Reason: oops

Sounds like YOU would be lucky to be as mature as HE is. He's been way more adult. You should find someone else your own emotional age,(16).

Quote Originally Posted by Becks87 View Post
    am i an idiot?
    Yeah that was pretty dumb. You better go fix that! :?

well he sent me an email today. Heres what it said.

Rebecca, i really think you should think this over more. Clearly it bothered you at one point about the year and some change between us. And while i dont think its a big deal, if you do/did at one point then there is always a serious chance that it will come back up again and possibly bother you.

You mentioned about the guy you just broke up with a month ago that you dated from now to october. I dont mean to be hurtful and i dont think this is entirely your viewpoint on relationships, but i feel you are alone right now and it hurts you. I really think you should take some time to be by yourself. Be it a few weeks, or a month or two. I feel we learn about ourselves and how to act in relationships if we are given time off when one fails/stalls out.

If you wanna talk then, we should. I still have some interest in you as a friend if you dont view me how you viewed me before. Dont worry, im not going anywhere anytime soon

Also, one more thing.....put down the cigarettes. I smoked for 2 years when i was right out of highschool. I was very stressed out due to breaking both my knees 3 days before my first cross country practice and cigarettes made the rehab so much worse....i mighta been able to recover and still run track at college if i didnt smoke for those 2 years.

Thoughts? Any chance? I really screwed this one up huh? Recoverable?

He's very mature that's for sure. You should do what he says. Think about whether this is something you want for real or you're doing it just because you felt sorry that you messed up. Take some time and go from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast