+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help pls! sorry for the short novel

help pls! sorry for the short novel

hey everyone! i'm new to the forums. it's nice to meet you all. i could use a little friendly advice. i'm at the end of my rope thinking about this situation.. so here i go i'll try to make this as short as possible.

i've always had this one guy friend i had feelings for, but i never thought he returned them. i've never pushed the issue or told him how i felt. i just enjoyed being friends with him and having him around me. then almost a year ago i met another guy and fell for him at first sight. everything was great until we got into a few agonizing fights over what we want out of a relationship and life. i started to see that maybe what we have isn't what i want and that our views are too conflicting.

when we started dating my guy friend totally dropped off of the face of the earth. no calls, no texts, nothing. i was really upset, but i dealt with it. i felt alone and really sad. i couldn't even hide it from my bf, but i would lie to him and myself and say i missed my friends and not just that one person. then more recently we started talking again and i was so happy. my bf and i have been getting into so many fights and he keeps asking me what it is i can't live with out (him or my friends). so i've been thinking. if my bf is gone i'd be sad, but i'd make it through. if my guy friend were gone i'd be devastated and i'm just starting to see that now and the fact that he probably stopped talking to me because he liked me. dhur.

on another note since my guy friend has no idea how i feel and wouldn't go after a taken girl. he's been talking to this girl that is interested in him, but he's not sure. he talked to me about it and i helped him out to the best of my ability, but it made me really sad. the thought of him being with some one else. i would always get a little jealous when he talked about girls he liked, but it wasn't a big deal. now it makes me really upset. i think this girl is just playing him and i don't want him to get hurt. i also don't want to hurt my bf by breaking up with him. i do still love him, but like i said i'm having doubts because what we want has gone in different directions over the course of a year.

i have so many conflicting emotions it's ridiculous! so much for making this short. lol

This is just a proof of Girls HAVE NO IDEA what they want.
    You have to let go of something. You cant love your bf and then think about getting with your bestfriend. Thats not LOVE. thats cheating.

agreed. girls are the worst with this kind of thing. i wouldn't cheat on my bf. i just rather be by myself and sort things out on my own. that's what i'm leaning towards right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeYourMove View Post
    everything was great until we got into a few agonizing fights over what we want out of a relationship and life. i started to see that maybe what we have isn't what i want and that our views are too conflicting.

so i've been thinking. if my bf is gone i'd be sad, but i'd make it through.
    Your first step is to focus on this and forget about everything else. If your relationship with this guy is no good, then you should break it off. You should do this regardless of anything else floating around in your life.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~