+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really confused now

Really confused now

Hi

About a month ago i asked this girl out from work (kelly). She said that she basically likes me as a good friend. So after that i tried to move on, I still have strong feelings for her. Last week we went out on a works night out for a lads birthday. She was out with a few friends of hers and we all ended up at the same club. Whilst we were waiting in the club for others to arrive, her friend approached me alone and asked if i liked Kelly I responded yes but wasnt able to follow it up with her later because i couldnt find her. Also she was dancing with me and holding hands for a bit. I cant get myself round to ask her straight up. Why would her best friend ask me that? and she was being serious.

any advice would be appretiated

Thanks

Nick

Maybe the friend just picked up on the vibe you were giving off to Kelly. I can tell when a guy is into one of my friends by how he acts around her...body language, glances, etc...

I like to think that adults no longer resort to having their friends ask if so and so likes them back.

I would try to feel it out a little more, see if she emails you at work or approaches you. You could try and ask what she's up to this weekend and see how she responds. Not asking her out but if the girl is interested in you she'll probably throw something out there like, "We'll be at this pub around ten, you should meet up with all of us."
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

could be the friend was just curious. if she picked up vibes you were going for kelly she could want to be sure she was right.

or maybe the friend was into you - but didn't want to start anything if it would get between you and kelly.

i wouldn't lose any sleep over it..

Thanks for the advice i never thought that she might be just picking up on the vibes. Im not getting my hopes up but i everyone i asked said it was strange. After her friend asked me out, she got excited and giggled a little and walked away. I mean she asked me this literally upon meeting at the club.

cheers

Nick

It could be the vibes or it could be that she asked her friend to find out for her, happens often. I think in life you only get one chance and if you have something on you're heart, just say it. What's the worst that can happen? She might say no and thats it. Not like you're gonna be put in jail or something hahaha plus there are billions of girls out there so don't even worry if one says no. The way I see it, its one less stuck up girl

Cheers

Anyway, I wish you good luck

I agree with reeges. The man knows his stuff lol

She must be interested in you as well and is too shy to tell you. I think it can be that obvious. Sometimes maybe hte friend like you? hmmm

The bottom line is, you have feelings for Kelly and not her best friend, right? So it doesn't matter what her friend is up to, whether she likes you or not etc. The important thing is
    to develop a close relationship with Kelly. To do that, you need to find opportunities to share experiences together. I'm not just referring to dates. Dating is fine, but that by
    itself is not enough to really get close to a girl because when you are on a date, you and your partner are at your best behavior and everything is 'fixed'. It's not 'real life'.

What draws a girl towards you is when she can feel a connection in real life experiences with you. Since you are both working at the same place, try to do things at work together -
    work-related projects, going out for lunch with other colleagues, stuff like that. When you are doing these things together, be close to her and help her out when the occasion
    arises. It may be something simple but they are highly effective in showing her the right signals because they are natural. Over time, these beneficial shared experiences will
    warm her up to you. Sure, occasionally you can ask her out for a date. But it's the real life shared experiences that do the trick.

Maybe the friend was interested in you, and wanted to know if you where interested in Kelly?

Maybe Kelly is scared to be in a relationship. Maybe she's semi interested and you just need to convince her to be completely interested.