+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Telling a girl you love them

Telling a girl you love them

how long is it appropriate for a guy to tell a girl that he loves her. Can telling a girl you love them a few months into a relationship catch a girl by surprise. The reason i asked this was because a few months ago a girl asked me if i loved her, straight up. I was unsure what to say and a load of fumble came out of my mouth which i tried to play of with a smile. i didnt tell her i loved her but instead told her that i liked her a lot and had some feeling for her. My questions is did i play this the wrong way coz i genuinley like this girl but i felt like it didnt come across the way i wanted to.

HELP PLEASE.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should say You love somebody only when You really feel it. I think it's obvious... If you feel that You love someone, then You say it ,without feeling akward or something... We shouldn't be ashamed to say our feelings to our partners...
    It was akward for you then, because You didn't really love her, just like her very much. It's normal. You shouldn't force Yourself into feeling something, and neither should her force You.
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by mrz16 View Post
    how long is it appropriate for a guy to tell a girl that he loves her. Can telling a girl you love them a few months into a relationship catch a girl by surprise. The reason i asked this was because a few months ago a girl asked me if i loved her, straight up. I was unsure what to say and a load of fumble came out of my mouth which i tried to play of with a smile. i didnt tell her i loved her but instead told her that i liked her a lot and had some feeling for her. My questions is did i play this the wrong way coz i genuinley like this girl but i felt like it didnt come across the way i wanted to.

HELP PLEASE.
    If what you said to her was your honest feeling at the time, then you played it right. If, however, you chickened out on saying what you felt for her, then those windows of opportunity tend to close rather quickly.

She stuck her emotions out there--that takes a lot of courage. Essentially, you rejected her expression of love. You either love someone or you don't love someone. "Some feeling" is wishy washy and you can't use that as an in with her--the moment passed. That's not to say that other opportunities may present themselves, but highly doubtful.

Odds are your first response was the genuine feeling--now, you are just doubting yourself.