+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some advice

need some advice

I'm in love with this girl but I'm not sure how to tell her. see, she and I are friends for a pretty long time now. and it seems kinda weird to just ask if she loves me. so i want to tell her how i feel in a really cool way. something she'll never expect and won't make our friendship really awkward should she say no.

so if y'all give me some ideas i would be very thankful

BTW. it would be great if a girl gave me some advice because guys can be so tactless, and girls are the only living beings who understand girls XD

kms is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    So right now you're just friends? If that's the case, going from being friends to telling her you love her is a huuuge jump - you'd be skipping a lot of steps in between and risk blind-siding her and definitely not getting the result you were looking for. Does she act at all as though she likes you as more than a friend? If you're not sure, then declaring your love for her would freak her out more than anything.

The best way is to try to spend time alone with her, doing 'date' type things - like going for lunch, going for coffee, going for dinner, going for a movie... hanging out at your place or hers, stuff like that. See how she responds - does she seem excited to take you up on your offer to do those things with you - or does she have an excuse, or bring a friend along? Is there any casual touching, does she sit closer to you than other friends, more eye contact, more flirting, etc.

There are definitely ways to find out if a girl is interested before having to declare any of your own feelings. Having an idea of how she feels is a much better, safer way to go than pouring everything out with no clue about how she feels. There's not much room to save face if she doesn't return your feelings, and your friendship may end up damaged as well.

being a guy and relatively tactless you may want to disregard this advice... but seeing as it wasn't in the females only forum i thought i'd chime in..

ease yourself into it. rome wasn't built in a day, neither are loving relationships. start by dropping some subtle hints that you like her... a lingering look, fixing her hair, maybe sit closer together than you normally would.

if she response i kind, you can move into more dramatic romance. a flower, traditional date settings - use you're imagination.

if things have worked up to this point, you can continue escalating until you see fit to drop the bomb. but if you move slow, you can always duck out and save the friendship.

best of luck!