+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

Hi, just joined and I hope I'm posting this in the right area, if not mods feel free to move it.

I've been working with this girl for about a year now and she keeps sending me mixed signals and I can't for the life of me figure out if she likes me or not. She always touches my hands and arms, playfully hit me, if I'm doing somethin she'll come ask if I need help or stand there and talk to me. Or she'll stand beside me and just stand real close to me for a while so her body touches mine. When I go to walk away she just about always says "Stay here for a little bit." And she always makes eye contact with me. Then today I went to give her a kiss and she didn't pull away or anything. Plus we text/call each other all the time.

Now to me that sounds like she's interested, right? Now she does have a husband and they started to go through a divorce but he said he was going to take everything they had if she left him so she stayed so she didn't lose the house. But just recently she's been trying to kick him out because he's doing drugs, doesn't have a job and has hit her but he won't leave, and she doesn't have anywhere to go.

The part that somewhat confuses me is when I tell her how much I like her she says "You know I have a husband." I'm not sure if she won't do anything because he will go crazy (I saw him flip out on her once because the battery died in his car) or what.

Sorry for the long post, I just can't take it anymore. I can't stop thinkin about her. I can't sleep at night cause I think about her all night and when I don't see her I think about her. So I'm just wantin to know what you guys think. Is she interested or not? Thanks!

Be careful, she has issues. She is right, she's married and from what you've said, in an abuse relationship-married nonethless. Women who stay with abusive men do just that, they stay with them. Keep going back to them eventually time after time. Its pretty ****ed up. She needs to figure out what she wants and stick with it. You can only help her so much, she has to want to leave. That being said she's jerking you around, kissing you one moment and then pulling the, "I have a husband" card the next. Ugh, I don't know. She just sounds like trouble and unecessary drama which you will be drawn into. More trouble than its worth in the end.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I would go read the "shining knight thread". You sound dangerously close to the mindset of wanting to rescue her from her current situation, and this is not a good way to enter a relationship with someone.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

You should seriously avoid this woman. Even if she does break it off with her husband... even if you two do start dating.. you're going to be nothing but a rebound. Also her flirtations may have more to do with her wanting to feel attractive to another guy, and not really because she's interested in you romantically.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Stay the f*ck away from this woman.

Thanks guys, pretty helpful responses. I know I need to try and stay away, but it's tough ya know.

Its must be difficult for you to feel the way you do, its can't be easy, but I think the others have pretty much said what needs to be said - not only are you not sure what you wants, neither is she. Sounds like she is is need of some attention because what is happening in her life. She might find you attractive, but be warned, I think this one would just chew you up!