+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friend acting weird around my gf?

friend acting weird around my gf?

I share an apartment with my gf, my friend and my gf's sister.

abit of background on my friend. The last gf he had was in high school which was more than 2 years go. Although he did go out with her for 2 years, he now uses her as an excuse for not getting another gf, he says he is still not over her.

Ok, so Ive known this friend for 12 years, so I know him very well. As soon as i introduced my girlfriend he was trying so hard to be best friends with her. That's fine, but it's asif he's subtly trying to edge me out....he wants to go to the gym...he doesn't ask me...he begs my gf to go with him...I mean...sharing an apartment is hard enough for privacy, but there are a few times where I'd like to just have a private conversation with my gf in the kitchen (yes, that's where I can get some privacy sometimes..) and there he comes, at the kitchen doorway "what are you guys talkin about?" ....

being friends for this long I have been looking past a lot of things, my gf tells me everything he talks to her about and he has been subtly putting me down when he speaks to my gf and things like the gym, I know its something small but it does make me feel uncomfortable

the latest thing is that he went overseas and he bought my gf jewellery. I don't know if I'm thinking about this the wrong way, but I found that quite....weird...he also said to my gf "I know you like dogs so I got you a necklace with a dog on it...

I've spoken to quite a few friends about it and they have all said that is pretty weird but my gf thinks its not that bad since we live together and she says he's being nice. For me I think when the situation comes where he says "oh, you're wearing 'my' necklace i bought you" that would be quite uncomfortable for me...

a mutual friend has said that he has been in a shell for too long and that he's lost his touch and he's gotten abit weird

I'm not sure, if I speak to him about it I'm pretty sure he's gonna lose it and say how he's just trying to be nice but the way he's acting atm, is really making me feel uncomfortable and starting to really irritate me

any thoughts?

Your friend is all over your girl friend.. plain and simple. You already know that. It's time to tell him to back the f*ck off, or else start looking for a new place to live.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

You've known this guy for 12 years and he doesn't even respect you - he puts you down behind your back to your gf. What the **** is that?

And he buys your gf jewelry. lol?

On top of that, he sounds like he's been acting really weird.

There's a line that you don't cross, and he's crossed it.. twice.

Ask your friend if he wants to get his ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by gignnom View Post
    he has been in a shell for too long and that he's lost his touch and he's gotten abit weird
    Bingo.

I think you knew exactly when he went too far. Yes it IS weird and he is doing what he can to box you out. In a subtle manner. You just needed the nod of approval of others to confirm your observations. But that's what this place is for.

Simply, Yes. He's into your girlfriend.

Believe it or not, it's because of their insecurity. They are worried that they will be looked down upon by their friends. A guy that is mature will not do that to his gf, because he cares more about her feelings.

Kick his ass, Seabass.

Reading the first post, I feel the friend has already sealed the deal. I would confront the girlfriend.

Paul Cho