+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I told her I don't want to rush things...but..

I told her I don't want to rush things...but..

So this is the situation I put myself in. I met this girl and we've been dating for 2 weeks, seeing each other every chance we get. Before we were dating we knew each other and spoke a bit, but that was as friends, I guess, so the conversations were brief and pretty generic and boring. So I, in a sort of drunken state one night, asked her out. We hit it off.

Been dating 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks, I've seen her 12 days. We haven't gotten sick of each other. We make each other laugh, we open up to each other, basically things are going really well, and this looks like a promising relationship.

We're not having sex, but have intense make out sessions that I feel can lead to sex. I'm 21, she's 20. So we were making out on the couch the other day, she was on top of me and I saw that look in her eye. So I told her "I don't want to rush things, I want to get to know you as a person better before I get to know you sexually"...or something along those lines. She said I was sweet and it was fine with her and we made out some more.

So it got me thinking.....taking it slow? We're dating 2 weeks so I can see why I said that, but why did I say that?

What does taking it slow mean? Now I'm a bit confused as to what I can and can not do with her. How long does "not rushing things" make it ok for me to take making out a bit farther into sex?

So, what I'm asking is what does "not rushing things" or taking it slow mean to you? What can I do, and not do in a "not rushing things" relationship?
    Last edited by smitty; 23-01-10 at 07:23 AM.

I need more info. Are you a virgin? Were you too nervous to move forward?

On a related note.. dude, slow down. I know you're into each other, but you need more time apart. Trust me on this.
    Last edited by shheadz; 23-01-10 at 12:02 PM.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

You sound like a girl. Shut your mouth and put your dick in her.

You must grasp the opportunity, believed his charm

taking it slow means to me - not wanting to commit emotionally - in ur case that includes physically i guess, which is unusual for men cos in my experience they would much rather jump into bed before considering how they feel.

maybe you are not as confident in the act as you think u are, maybe ur frightened you wont give her what she needs or something. To be honest most women dont really mind what the 'first-time' with a new man is like - cos we are well aware we can work on you till u get it right lol

Apart from that - i have no clue.

You can always change your mind yaknow - next time u get frisky and she gives you the 'look' or a half-way decent moan at least lol - try to make a move

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    I need more info. Are you a virgin? Were you too nervous to move forward?

On a related note.. dude, slow down. I know you're into each other, but you need more time apart. Trust me on this.
    Both of us aren't virgins, but with the amount of experience I have, I'm pretty much a virgin.

Yeah, we should see each other less and that's gonna happen soon.

..anybody?

i gave u my advice - what more do u want?