Thread: shheadz...how do i pronounce your nick? :(

shheadz...how do i pronounce your nick? :(

shheadz...how do i pronounce your nick?

the sh.. remind me of sh_t
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You just called him shehead in another thread lol hahaha I will call him so from now on
    Hahaha I'm sure he doesn't mind lol
    I wazzzz here

It's not pronounceable. I try to be careful using identifying info on these boards. I have a number of very popular open source applications, and people are always googling my online nick, and I don't want them finding me here.

What I typically use online is h_e_a_d_z_o_o, minus the underscores. Some people that know me online have shortened that to h_e_a_d_z. The shheadz is just my first and last initial tacked onto that.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa..?? who is a shemale?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    It's not pronounceable. I try to be careful using identifying info on these boards. I have a number of very popular open source applications, and people are always googling my online nick, and I don't want them finding me here.

What I typically use online is h_e_a_d_z_o_o, minus the underscores. Some people that know me online have shortened that to h_e_a_d_z. The shheadz is just my first and last initial tacked onto that.
    cool.
    i am a fan of open source too.

Me three. The desktop computer I'm about to build will be all open source. I plan on using Ubuntu as the main OS. It will be nice to work with an actual machine, as opposed to a virtual machine. The only downside is that it will have an ATI Radeon card, and we all know how those have poor compatibility with Linux.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey, what about me?? illusional isn't even a real word...

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Me three. The desktop computer I'm about to build will be all open source. I plan on using Ubuntu as the main OS. It will be nice to work with an actual machine, as opposed to a virtual machine. The only downside is that it will have an ATI Radeon card, and we all know how those have poor compatibility with Linux.
    I heard ATI is a good friend of microsoft.

so, ATI isn't going to support ubuntu.

I have ubuntu on one of my desktop as well.

Well I read a few forum posts about the mobo I bought and apparently people are able to get the card working, even with Compiz and all that jazz.

Actually, I just found out that for my specific igp, there is a proprietary driver available for linux.

[url]https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/81849[/url]
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 23-01-10 at 12:00 PM.

Well I read a few forum posts about the mobo I bought and apparently people are able to get the card working, even with Compiz and all that jazz.
    cool. nice to hear that. i think sooner or later, we can see some better graphic on ubuntu.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hey hey hey... i have to report this thread because it's gotten off topic...

tsk tsk tsk.. and of all people, LA you should be ashamed of yourself.

see, honestly though, this is exactly what i mean. this side tracking isn't a negative thing at all, yet with one opinion, it spawns other ideas. it might want to be something that you should consider in the future.

raverboy

ATI Radeon card, and we all know how those have poor compatibility with Linux.
    Oh boy. Getting an ATI card to work with all the bells and whistles on Linux is a real head banging on desk task.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

This video card doesn't have very many bells or whistles, though. I bought a high-end Biostar mobo and it has an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 with 128mb dedicated memory. Not a bad card for low graphical use. I suppose if I wanted to game, I could just get a low profile Nvidia card.

I ordered computer parts from Newegg. I was hoping they would arrive this weekend but UPS probably doesn't deliver on Saturday.

You'd be surprised how cheap high-end computer parts are these days. I spent maybe $320 on the entire system.

AMD Athlon II X2 Regor 3.0 Ghz
    BIOSTAR TA785GE 128M (With integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 128mb)
    500 GB Seagate SATA @ 7200rpm
    2GB of DDR2 800 RAM

I bought a really nice slim uATX case as well. The In Win BL631. It comes with a 300w PSU, more than twice enough. My system is low power and high performance.

This video card doesn't have very many bells or whistles, though. I bought a high-end Biostar mobo and it has an integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 with 128mb dedicated memory. Not a bad card for low graphical use. I suppose if I wanted to game, I could just get a low profile Nvidia card.
    I always had trouble getting basic hardware acceleration working, or even basic 3D graphics working. It didn't hinder me at all because I don't play games, it just bothered me because I couldn't. Plus Compiz was a real game changer, and all of the sudden 3D graphics, even for non-gamers, became important.

I must have gotten it working at some point, since I uploaded this short demo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqVebrvBqec"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

I think I had to use some 3rd party driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettit-Papillon View Post
    You just called him shehead in another thread lol hahaha I will call him so from now on
    Hahaha I'm sure he doesn't mind lol
    Have I told you today how much I hate you! haha..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast