+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has LF Affected You?

Has LF Affected You?

In my case, I'd say "yes." While still a bit of a grouch, I'm a little more tolerant of others. Also, this has been a great opportunity to bounce ideas/responses off of others.

Yes for all the reasons you've mentioned, plus it's nice to bitch and whine anonymously. At the same time I still wonder if coming here on a regular basis is keeping relationships on my mind, which keeps the ex on my mind.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Not at all.

Yep, I met the love of my life here.

Absolutely. LF users helped me out with a personal issue I couldn't handle myself.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sure
    I became more addicted to the internet (since there is always something new to read on LF ),but I also started to feel obligated to help people in RL. I had alreadt few 'LF-like' talks with people in real life, those people were always the one I just met.
    On monday I have another LF mission in the field. Well it's just that I want to talk to that person...
    I said to another member, it's such a shame You don't get a degree for posting on LF. For example in Psychotherapy Oh well...

Yeah Lf changed me .

PS. Oh I forgot, my english improved Thanks
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like some of the people on the computer better than real life people.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

A forum like LF, is a good way of gauging reactions to certain ideas, BEFORE you impliment them in RL.

It's showed me that if it can happen it can happen.

I found out many people find themselves in messy and sometimes extraordinary situations and funnily and probably unkindly it feels good to know others are suffering too.

I don't feast over peoples'misery but I feel better after I have been here than after visiting some of my friends on facebook. For some reason the pile of photos showing happy couples with their kids, oblivious of the suffering of the other part of the world (world I am part of) makes me sick...

Whereas when I read through these pages I feel strongly bound to LF members!

Yes, sometimes people on FB will go to great lengths to show the happy family, on forums like LF you can see the warts and all.

The forum itself is a fun past time. I wouldn't say the forum has affected me but some of the people I have become friends with have affected me. I love them! Haha. I've developed an offline friendship with someone so it's great. I hope to meet my other friends I've made off the net too.

I use the "net", to conduct business, and it always surprises me how much, in RL , my clients will be, just like I imagined them to be.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Yep, I met the love of my life here.
    i love you too sugar poo.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yes. instead of fighting with people in real life, i could do it here instead. it has been a great stress reliever.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    I use the "net", to conduct business, and it always surprises me how much, in RL , my clients will be, just like I imagined them to be.
    The concern that my mental images will not be lived up to has largely prevented me from being willing to meet online people. I mean, I really WANT to, but if I like the online person enough to want to meet them in person, it would be SO disappointing to not like them IRL.

Still, there are a couple of people I would make an exception for, I think.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast