+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Hey everyone, got a little situation I need your advice on. Where to begin...
    Well about 8 months ago I met this girl in an class. Well a while after i'd met her, I developed what I thought would be just another passing crush. I didn't make a move on her, seeing as she was involved at the time. About a month after meeting her, and her still being involved with someone I figured that the best thing to do would be to just move on and date other people as I had been before. The problem is, that in every relationship that I had for the next few months I would always find myself thinking about her, even when I was with other people I would date. Hell I can remember once, I even accidently called somone else I was dating by her name That was a day I won't soon forget. So it became apparent that this wasn't a crush that I was going to just get over so quickly. Well, she isn't dating anyone currently so normally I would just ask her out. But there is a problem. She is one of my best friends. I'm not sure that I wanna risk out friendship over this. I know from experience, that I may have been unintentionally akward around people I know had crushes around me, and it would kill me to have her distance herself from me. I need to know what you would do in my situation. Do you think its worth telling her how I feel, knowing that I might be messing up a great friendship? Any help or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

Las Vegas based Nationwide Online Florist
    Hang out with her, if something is going to happen let it just happen and if not "Oh well you crossed over to best friends and thats really not so bad either."

Let her get to know you and let the chemistry just happen if its there.
    It takes two you know.

Cyberken

Send her flowers (just joking)
    [URL=http://www.800iloveyou.com]1-800-I-LOVE-YOU[/URL]
    Nationwide Teleflora Florist
    http://www.800iloveyou.com

Do you have any mutual friends? Perhaps you could ask somebody else if they knew what she thought of you.

You could joke at the idea of the two of you together and see how she reacts.

Think about how she would react if you told her how you felt. If you think your friendship could survive then perhaps just go for it? If it's too much of a risk perhaps less obvious approaches would be worth a try, such as the joke thing I suggested.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

What ifs suck man, I would say go for it but take it slow.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

I had the same problem when I was in highschool. I just went and told him anyways. Its better to let out your feelings then to keep them burried inside. Especially if you like the person alot, because the feelings will always stay there. I'm still friends with him and even though he didn't feel the same way, I accepted it.

Sometimes you just have to grab it by the balls and go for it, no matter the consequences.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

In my experience, if she turns you down, but you both handle it maturely, things are a bit weird for a while, but you will still be friends.
    Then after a while you both begin to be more comforatable around eachother again (sometimes active steps are needed, where you have to pluck up the courage to prove your not embaresed anymore) and you are much closer friends than you where before, and thats almost as good.
    But at least you wont be wondering 'what if'.

Well, I just got word from a friend of mine that she knows my feelings for her... how she found out, I don't know. Maybe she just sensed it. Anyways, It's probably going to be weird when I see her tommorow. I just hope that she doesn't avoid me entirely... I don't think I could take that right now. Wish me luck, because I sure as hell am gonna need a lot of it.
    "Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."

If she soesnt know you know, then things will still be the same, as long as you dont act any different.
    But if you do want to do something, the fact that she kinda already knows should make it easier.

Oh and good luck.