+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 29 year-old boyfriend won't move out of parents home

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    but seriously, I am afraid that he doesn't want to move out to live with YOU. if he had found a worthy partner than that would be his best motivation. i've seen it happen so many times.
    Oh yeah, because he seems to be sooo worthy of her.

Unless his folks are ailing and he is helping take care of them, or he is trying to pay off some massive financial debt, there's really no good reason an able-bodied man should still be living at home at age 30, and ultimately, he's only hurting his own development by not leaving the nest this late in life.

If he loves his parents and wants to see them all the time, why not move to a place nearby? Because moving out would take too much effort obviously, and this guy seems to be all about having it easy and having little responsibility right now. He's a man-child.
    Last edited by starbuck; 26-01-10 at 04:32 AM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    I move out of home young and it sucked ass. I spent a lot of time wishing I was under my parents wing. Your boyfriend sounds fortunate. Do not ruin it for him.
    I thought you said in another thread that you hated your parents and couldn't wait to get away from them.

(And you think no one here pays attention to you).
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I thought you said in another thread that you hated your parents and couldn't wait to get away from them.

(And you think no one here pays attention to you).
    Sigh*.... I stayed with them over Christmas for a bit over a week (12 days or so) and that was enough. Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    George, he's not young he's almost 30 for God's sake. Time to grow up. I was going to say what Giga did....that if you live together, you're going to have to fill in where mom left off. That's not cool.

I think you're wating your time with this one, honestly.
    I dunno maybe he just likes his parents.

Hi! I'm in the exact same situation with my bf. We've been together for 5 yrs and at 29 yrs old he's still living with his parents! What was you outcome? Did he move out or did you move on?

The only reason I can think of people not moving out of their parents' house is because they can't afford it.

So it's highly odd that not only is he older, but that he can well afford to move out. It does sound like a general laziness and being used to being spoilt.

Unfortunately, the fact that he has broken his promises so much makes me think that not only will be be unreliable with everything else-such as DIY, washing, laundry, cooking-, but also that you will have to nag him 10 years in advanced to get him to do anything. And you will have to replace his mother if you do move in together, there's no doubt about that. I know men like that, and they were spoilt rotten by their mothers too.

My advice is to dump him. And tip your hat at his mum as you leave for making her son such a dependant weakling.

p.s. I don't think there's anything wrong with living with your parents if you really need to, but if you don't NEED to, and if you barely help out with things, it's a whole different story. He's an adult for crying out loud!

p.p.s. Damn this post makes me wanna start scraping money to move out of my parents' house, and I'm 24!-but poor-
    Last edited by Charisma; 10-09-10 at 04:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12