+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hero

Hero

I thought this movie was pretty good. It's probably a movie that is more worth seeing like as a matinee screening.

[URL=http://movies.go.com/movies/H/hero_2002/index.html]Hero Reviews[/URL]

In case you did not know, it is all in subtitles.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it already came out in china.. tarintino just put his name to it. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah, I saw this in about April. Some parts of this movie are breathtakingly stylish.

Probably the greatest thing about this movie was simply how beautiful it was. The landscapes, the buildings, the colors of the robes, those leaves, everything was just gorgeous. I was hoping for something more epic but it was still a good movie. They actually approached Tarantino being that this movie is a few years old and with his Kill Bill successes they wanted to associate his name with this film so it wouldn't flop in the states. I'd say it worked seeing as how that's what attracted me at first. When I found out he had nothing to do with the movie it didn't deter me and I was still floored to see it. A good flick, I'd recommend it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahhh... i see now. i thought it was the other way around. raverboy

Well I mean he obviously liked the movie himself or he wouldn't have even associated his name with it. But I think even if I saw the preview without his name I would've wanted to see it. Probly one of the better movies I've ever seen Jet Li in, he's usually prone to being in crap.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no no, i thought that tarentino jsut took the movie and put his name on it, then brought it over. i didn't realize that they went to him. raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    Probably the greatest thing about this movie was simply how beautiful it was. The landscapes, the buildings, the colors of the robes, those leaves, everything was just gorgeous.
    Saw it today with a friend. I thought it was very good. I like martial arts films, don't mind subtitles at all (being used to them from the anime that I watch all the time), and I thought it was a very good movie.

I TOO noticed the scenery and colours used. It seemed like a very 'artsy' movie, but not in an obnoxious, mime-type of way. It just seemed to have great scenery, attention to detail, and little things in it that made it very appreciated.

I say go see it if you like martial arts movies and want an intriguing (and sometimes confusing) plotline. I think Crouching Tiger's story was much better (damn near cried at the end), but this ain't bad at all.

Rod Steele

Yeah, Crouching Tiger was a fine film and I'd recommend it to anyone as well. It's just a shame that we get so few of these movies officially released into theaters. All people have to compare Hero to is Crouching Tiger when in reality there are so many more films like that in the past few decades from China. Oh well, guess imports are the only way to go.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Imports are ONE way to go . . . or downloads!!!!

BTW, Zekk, since you seem into this sorta stuff, ever see Shaolin Soccer?

Rod Steele

Hehehe, I recall seeing advertisements for it but I never actually caught it. Was it a good flick? It looked kind of ridiculous but you know ever now and then a good ridiculous movie is just what you need.

Oh, and I don't download movies. Never have never will. I'll download the piss out of music because I don't care but I'm too in love with the film industry to download anything for free from it. I'd rather pay the $15 for a ticket and refreshments and then the $20 for the DVD.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I bought an all-region DVD of shaolin soccer (in addition to downloading a copy off the net and storing that). I think it's hilarious. Very funny. HUGE in China (won TONS of awards). I think it's a great movie! Rent it if you can. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Rod steele

Sounds like I'll hafta check it out.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I saw it last night.
    Awesome movie. Prefered crouching tiger, but Hero was pritty good.